Crash Sync on vero: No sound...

Started by Coriolis, April 03, 2005, 03:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarhacknoise

Hey Now!
There is only room for ONE self-deprecating member in this forum.
:lol:
-Matthias
-----Bizumpula!
"It'll never work."

RLBJR65

Sorry guys, I have been traveling and not been able to get online.
I pulled the layout for now, looks like there are a couple of errors :oops:  Let me catch up on this thread and check the layout again.
Richard Boop

RLBJR65

Looks like you guys found all the errors already! Very sorry  :(  The biggest mistake and maybe unrepairable one was switching the inverting and non inverting inputs :oops:

I'm really not sure but it still may work. It may not be happy with other pedals in the chain though.

OK the other mistakes are; 10M needs moved down 1 strip to ground, polarity of the 10uF cap (closest to 10M) needs reversed. I think thats all!

guitarhacknoise you are right on track, 1M is in the feed back loop of the second amp it would set the gain so the 470K you had in there would have actually had less gain. Probably has nothing to do with your pedals 555 diet.

Coriolis on your first post you said you subbed a 100n for the 47n.
I think that may be an interesting mod. for the pedal! Changing that cap should increase or decrease (depending on cap size) the speed of oscillation. Might try switching in some other sizes to add some more crazyness to the pedal.

As far as the 555's go I won't preted to understand how those things work either. I have seen them set up so may different ways, it's all very confusing to me. Try google, type in 555 applications Phillips, National and others have app. notes and there are also quite a few tutorials online.

As soon as I can get back to my laptop I will post the original layout with the changes and a new corrected layout.

Again I'm very sorry, I must have gone over this 20 or 30 times before posting the layout. Can't believe I missed such obvious mistakes.
Richard Boop

RLBJR65

Looks like you guys found all the errors already! Very sorry  :(  The biggest mistake and maybe unrepairable one was switching the inverting and non inverting inputs :oops:

I'm really not sure but it still may work. It may not be happy with other pedals in the chain though.

OK the other mistakes are; 10M needs moved down 1 strip to ground, polarity of the 10uF cap (closest to 10M) needs reversed. I think thats all!

guitarhacknoise you are right on track, 1M is in the feed back loop of the second amp it would set the gain so the 470K you had in there would have actually had less gain. Probably has nothing to do with your pedals 555 diet.

Coriolis on your first post you said you subbed a 100n for the 47n.
I think that may be an interesting mod. for the pedal! Changing that cap should increase or decrease (depending on cap size) the speed of oscillation. Might try switching in some other sizes to add some more crazyness to the pedal.

As far as the 555's go I won't preted to understand how those things work either. I have seen them set up so may different ways, it's all very confusing to me. Try google, type in 555 applications Phillips, National and others have app. notes and there are also quite a few tutorials online.

As soon as I can get back to my laptop I will post the original layout with the changes and a new corrected layout.

Again I'm very sorry, I must have gone over this 20 or 30 times before posting the layout. Can't believe I missed such obvious mistakes.
Richard Boop

RLBJR65

http://home.earthlink.net/~rlbjr65/
The minor errors corrected, but the big one remains.

I'm going to hold off posting the new layout with the inputs corrected until I can get around to building it. I have a few ideas for mods as well.
If you would like the new layut please PM and I'll email it to you.
Richard Boop

Coriolis

Hi again RLBJR65!
Actually, I'm a bit embarassed myself! I forgot to pm you about my findings on your layout, and you should be the first to hear it!  :oops:  
I think that was some slightly dodgy netiquette on my behalf, sorry for that!

About the layout: Thanks a million for even making it in the first place, you'll get it sorted out soon, I'm sure!  8)  

Now I'm thinking of building a veroboard and a pcb version, just for fun, so I'll be waiting for the next version of your work... :)

Best regards and thanks,

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com