Simple Low-Pass filter?

Started by inverseroom, April 04, 2005, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inverseroom

SOmething that can be controlled by a pot.  Anyone have a favorite circuit?

zachary vex

guitar tone control... one cap in series with a pot to ground.

inverseroom

:D  The simplest of all!  That is definitely my default plan.  I have yet to try this out (the chip's in the mail) but I plan to put a square wave through it.  Of course I want it to sound exactly like a Minimoog.  :lol:

Which is to say, howabout a resonant lowpass filter?  I don't mind a fixed cutoff freq, but something with self-oscillation would be great.

space_ryerson

inverseroom

Quote from: space_ryersonThis site is worth the look

You're right, it is!

space_ryerson

Also, if you haven't already, click the 'up one folder' link, you can see all of the schematics categories, including full synths. C'mon inverse, you know you want to. How hard could it be to build a moog modular onto perf boards?

onboard

-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

ExpAnonColin

Thanks for the link :) My fav is actually the Korg MS-20 filter for lowpass.  Here is the synth version, which clips and oscillates gorgeously:

And here is Tim's "guitar pedal"ized version, which clips horridly and oscillates nicely too:

-Colin

inverseroom

Quote from: space_ryersonAlso, if you haven't already, click the 'up one folder' link, you can see all of the schematics categories, including full synths. C'mon inverse, you know you want to. How hard could it be to build a moog modular onto perf boards?

Must...resist...link...  :shock:

Actually, I didn't notice Tim's 9v MS-20 circuit.  Anyone have a layout diagram?  I suspect I would screw up the IC wiring...

I am seriously considering making one of these though.

space_ryerson

Me too. me too...Must...do....other....things before building ultimate nerd machine. Like go to work to pay the rent.

inverseroom

Quote from: space_ryersonMe too. me too...Must...do....other....things before building ultimate nerd machine. Like go to work to pay the rent.

:lol:  I hear the "boutique" guitar effects market is a gold mine.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: inverseroom:lol:  I hear the "boutique" guitar effects market is a gold mine.

True, but like any gold mine, you have to shovel a lot of dirt before you get rich :wink:

guitarhacknoise

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)
True, but like any gold mine, you have to shovel a lot of dirt before you get rich :wink:
:lol:
as long as it's just dirt, not ..............ah..........poopy doop.
"It'll never work."

spinoza

Hey sorry to resurec that year old thread...

Quote from: zachary vex on April 04, 2005, 09:53:43 AM
guitar tone control... one cap in series with a pot to ground.

I've tried this but I get a huge gain loss... is there an easy way to keep a constant gain and just reduce the unwanted frequencies?

Ge_Whiz

Tim's Idiot Wah. With a high gain Darlington and a guitar input, it'll oscillate in the 'resonance' position.

slacker

If you want something simply try Tim's Q&D VCFs
I've messed about with the second version and it was pretty good.

spinoza

Awesome!

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.