REQ: Help Tweaking TB Pro MKII

Started by STOMPmole, April 05, 2005, 08:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STOMPmole

I just completed 2 Tonebender Pro MKII's using a PCB layout from Fuzz Central and transistor sets from Smallbear.

Both sound great, but the "Attack" pot on one doesn't do much to clean up the distortion at the lowest setting.  The pedal DOES clean up somewhat by rolling off the guitar's volume.

Can anyone suggest a good way of lowering the gain or making the "attack" control more useful?  Should I be looking at ways of lowering the gain going into Q3 or is there some way I could tweak the attack pot?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks

STOMPmole

OK...I guess nobody likes me (0 replies) :(   Anyway, to answer my own question and possibly help someone else out with the same problem, I replaced the 1k attack pot with a 2k and it seemed to clean up the pedal nicely at lower attack settings.

mat

Quote from: STOMPmoleOK...I guess nobody likes me (0 replies) :(   Anyway, to answer my own question and possibly help someone else out with the same problem, I replaced the 1k attack pot with a 2k and it seemed to clean up the pedal nicely at lower attack settings.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out  :D  I've had same 'problem' with my TB also.

cheers,
mat