"Mongoose Fuzz" mp3 here !

Started by MartyMart, April 06, 2005, 06:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

http://aronnelson.com/userfiles/

Its in this folder and is "shrunk" to 96kbs so in "real life" it sounds a bit better ie: fuller and brighter.
I had to do this for "size" of file reasons....
Recording details :
Yamaha AE820 "LP" style gtr on back pickup- dimazio humbucker
Matamp C7 valve amp, 1x12 cab and SM57 mic "clean" at amp
Into "flat" channel of Mackie 32-8 buss mixer...
Into balanced input of Moto 24/8-mac running Logic Pro 7
A "touch" of room reverb added, thats all, so your hearing the pedal doing all the work on this !!
There are two places that sound very "Tube" like.... its NOT the amp being driven..... thats the pedal   !!!!!
I'm a piano/bass player so no "tricks" here.......
:D

Enjoy and my advice is to build one NOW !!!

Marty. 8)
EDIT: The mongoose it set to about two thirds of its "fuzz" range, so can
get even more "wild" if you like !! :twisted:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Dragonfly

dammit marty !!!! now ive gotta build one.....

you and your dang sound clips :D

when you draw up your layout, make sure to include a link to that sound clip ....

have a great day !

andy

j0shua

:shock:  WOW , i don't like Fuzz sound but this one sounds very Good to me...... im going to build one to hehe .......  :wink:

jmusser

Yeah, that was as good as you said it was. That has a different tone than anything I've built. The JBT and DOF are more gutteral and distorted than that. That is more fuzzy than most effects I've heard, like a small amp about ready to blow up. It had that sort of "Cinnamon Girl" break up at the end, which is cool (of course that also means that Neal has quit trying to play, so that's another cool thing). It doesn't compare to either the JBT, or the DOF, because it's not like them enough to do a comparison. It's very fuzzy, like dryer lint and dust bunnies under your bed. There's no cream there, no sweetness, just a sweeper bag full of fuzz. Very Nice!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Pedal love

Marty that sounds amazing. I will have to build one myself.pl

petemoore

Yupp, Smashing low chords like E F or G makes a 'squashout' or whatever you call it, [highs are attenuated during hard attack? like the Jet Boat that goes under water and comes up screaming again...pretty cool.
 High notes great intense Fuzz Sound.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

I should have made a "less OTT" sample too !
It will "clean up" at zero fuzz and with the gtr vol at about 50%, then you
get TS-9 type tones.... quite nice IMO   :D
But I LOVE that breakup........ :twisted:

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

mig27

I'm new to this board as you can see.
Aron's audio snippet was just the perfect incentive to dig out the soldering iron.

Super sweet!

MartyMart

Quote from: mig27I'm new to this board as you can see.
Aron's audio snippet was just the perfect incentive to dig out the soldering iron.

Super sweet!

Ahem, "arons snippet" ???  :wink:
Aron is the host, the "snippet's" mine ..... :D

I know it wasn't that great, but dont blame aron for that awful playing !!

:lol:
Marty.