Uno or Umble?

Started by Pimens, April 06, 2005, 08:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uno or Umble?

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: April 06, 2005, 08:12:03 PM

Pimens

Hi, i want to build a drive, and a want some with good sustain, and listening to some sound clips, i'm now between those two, so, you guys who built them, wich one has more sustain and flexibility?
I use tele and strat, and my amp is SS.....
I also want to ask if they would sound too much diferent if i use 2N5458  instead of J201...

Thanks...

Mike Burgundy

May sound like your typical Homer answer*, but: BOTH.
Simply start with the simpler one, and if that's your holy grail, blammo. However, there are no holy grails in effects building (we all find this out at some point).
Let your ears decide.

*actually, that's not a Homer answer. A Homer answer to this question (or to the worlds crashing economy, nuclear waste problems, dating teen daughters, the IRS or any kind of other problems) would probably be along lines of "Whut? Yes! No! Where's my beer?" But you see what I mean ;)

ninoman123

Use the force...like he said. Your ears will guide youuuuu....lemme know how it goes. I was wanting to build one of those too.

dpresley58

FWIW, I built the Umble and can't be more pleased with it. Lotta fun to play with. I run a one-off Strat through it to a Hot Rod Deluxe.
Little time to do it right. Always time to do it over.

Pimens

Thanks for the opinions....

And what about using 2N5458 instead of J201, will it sound too diferent from what its supposed to sound?