Feedback Loop Sequencer: Worth persuing?

Started by brad, April 06, 2005, 09:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

I've never built one of those feedback loop pedal things before, so I'm not actually sure if this would be of any use whatsoever BUT...

While trying to think of the simplest effect possible for using a sequencer driven vactrol in, it crossed my mind that perhaps the LDR could be used to control the amount of feedback in a feedback pedal.  Since I've never actually built a feedback looper, I just wanted to ask:

Would changing the feedback level across a sequence actually make enough of a pronounced effect to even bother?

brad

If you're thinking "Just try it and see dude!" -I'm only asking because it will save me a trip to the electronics store and about $10+ for the pots and LDR!

travissk

If you've got at least a pot, rig up something that's just variable feedback. Experiment with different resistances, tapers, etc along the feedback path and see if you can get some varying sounds. As soon as you're happy with at least 2 or 3 of them, you can run out and get the other parts to flesh out the project.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but that should at least save you the trip for a while :)

The Tone God

I don't know how good this would sound or if it would be worth trying. If you want to just start playing around with the sequencer to get a feel for it I might suggestion something simple like a volume sequencer. Being a simple circuit it would help teach you about removing clock clicks in your layout(s) if they occur.

If you want to go on the weird level trying hooking the sequener up to something like an Ugly Face.

Just a few thoughts.

Andrew