Get Looped! ISD1020AP Are In Stock

Started by smallbearelec, April 07, 2005, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

I have 99 pieces and can get more, as the supply seems to be pretty good. $12.50 each. Dean H. tried a sample for me and confirms it's OK. I will also supply the 28-pin DIP socket, $ .85.

Regards
SD

ryanscissorhands

That's awesome. My life now has meaning. Well not, it still doesn't, but at least I can build a Mobius Trip Looper!

ESPguitar

Quote from: smallbearelecI have 99 pieces and can get more, as the supply seems to be pretty good. $12.50 each. Dean H. tried a sample for me and confirms it's OK. I will also supply the 28-pin DIP socket, $ .85.

Regards
SD

Somebody please tell me what kind of IC this is?

RB

ryanscissorhands

It's a voice recorder/playback chip for use in Dean Hazelwanter's Mobius Trip Looper, available at generalguitargadgets. And I'm very stoked about it.

ESPguitar

Quote from: ryanscissorhandsIt's a voice recorder/playback chip for use in Dean Hazelwanter's Mobius Trip Looper, available at generalguitargadgets. And I'm very stoked about it.

Cool:D

RB

ESPguitar

How much long "sessions" can it record?

RB

HeaD

Sorry for my english :|

optimus_prime_1985

Can we all give Small Bear a round of applause. We just asked if he would consider stocking these and a few weeks later we got it. We are very lucky to have small bear catering to us and keeping his prices so low. Lets not take them for granted.

sean k

what are the sample and bit rates for those twenty seconds?
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

travissk

The datasheet is here:
http://www.alldatasheet.co.kr/datasheet-pdf/view/ETC/ISD1020AP.html

It says that the 1020A has a 6.4 KHz sampling rate.

No bitrate is stated, but you have 1MBit (128KB) of storage, so 20 seconds @ 6.4KHz = 128000 samples. 8-bit?

I haven't looked at the block diagram, so that's no more than a guess. Won't be much more than that though, and the numbers and the way the address lines are laid out make me think that it's 8-bit. In any case, this project looks really interesting; it's now on my list of things to do.

snorky

Very cool.   Is this a direct replacement for the Radio Shack chip that was originally specified??

- Mark
Elephants are the new skulls.

NaBo

NICE Steve!

Better add this to the "next-order-from-SB" list, whenever that will be.

Hope you sell enough to wanna restock them!

ryanscissorhands

ESP, it's a lo-fi looper. From what I understand, it's similar to the ZVEX Lo-Fi Loop Junky, minus the vibrato. I believe that Mr. Vex himself said that Dean's design uses the same chip as the Loop Junky. Super cool.

sean k

I wondered about the bit and sample rates as I had a similar chip in a 30 second recorder kit and thought I burnt it,didn't after all,but ended up finding a whole bunch,NOS as it were, at a few bucks each Australian at Ozitronics.They're in the specials bin and I ended up buying about ten or so for about 85 bucks New Zealand and the express post was over half the cost.Thats about 50 bucks US.
 I went into other things and have forgotten about them but I do remember a direct audio in but I can't remember if they had a repeat function.Most probably the same kinda stuff as Small Bears anyways.
Monkey see, monkey do.

sean k

well heres a kit with 40 seconds of looping function
http://ozitronics.com/docs/k146.pdf

"But we also provide the option to endlessly loop the first
message. Move the switch from NORMal to LOOP. The
first message will now be endlessly repeated. So you can
record a 40 second message and have it plaved back
continuously. "
from this site and this page
http://ozitronics.com/index.html

and its only 28.00 AU as a kit
Monkey see, monkey do.

sean k

Oh and the twenty second chips are actually five bucks each AU
APR9301 - 30 Second Voice Recorder IC
same site Ozitronics in parts and accessories.
Monkey see, monkey do.