DIY pedalboard

Started by bean, April 08, 2005, 03:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

I've probably built a half dozen boards over the years, but my latest one was the definitely the nicest one. I bought some L-brackets for the riser, painted them black and then laquered everything. Came out very well for under $40! Unfortunately, I'm too poor to buy the cables to hook up all the pedals  :oops:

Pictured here:
A/B
Boss Tuner
Boss EQ
modded Digitech delay with Ernie Ball volume used as an expression pedal
Barber DDSS (soon to be sold, I think)
Fuzz Face
TycoBrahe
BSIAB2
Mosfet Booster
Peppermill

maximee

nice board :)
i'm currently also making a new bigger pedal board! although mine won't be as high as yours, I prefer them flat...
rock on!

Bagge

Nice build bean. It looks pretty solid. Can you fold it  in any way?

Maximee, I was a bit surprised to see the late Tommy Seebach on this board. Not exactly connected to pedal building, however he did amuse people.  :D  :D  :D

ninoman123

QuoteUnfortunately, I'm too poor to buy the cables to hook up all the pedals

Been there... :cry:

I like the design. It does look high though, does that pose a problem when stomping. I dont like moving my feet so I keep everything as low as possible. Or else I fall on my ass, im coordinated with hands not feet.

petemoore

Looks too Cool !!! I'd tried something like that with dowel rods once...you're looks real tight.
 If this keeps up though, we'll be hauling around Piano Frames with effects tiers, and action to the switches...that'll look like a Taurus Bass Pedal set !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

bean

The riser is definitely higher than it could be, but I may just stick the pedals that always stay on up there. It's rock solid, though, for stomping. Only bad part is finding some kind of case for it (I didn't really plan this out too well, lol).

brooksblues

If you could make a way for the top part to come off. Then you could try the sit case method. Try to find an old sit case at a thrift shop and then fi the board in as a case. Since it is so big I do not know of any other thing that would fit it.

RDV

I've got one of those delays. My battery cover's missing also.

RDV

boogielicious

Bean,

Looks cool.  Like the DeArmond too!  I've got the T-400.  Very underated guitars.  too bad Fender stopped production.

Scott

bean

Quote from: boogieliciousBean,

Looks cool.  Like the DeArmond too!  I've got the T-400.  Very underated guitars.  too bad Fender stopped production.

Scott

It is a sweet guitar, no doubt, and I got it fairly cheap. The G string has a bad habit of going flat, though, which I really need to fix.

As far as the delay, RDV, yeah: the cover went missing about 8 years ago  :?

Gilles C

Looks good, even if I wouln't travel with a big pedal board.

But nice job. I would use that at home though.

I like to travel light, but with everything in a hand bag. Just in case...

Btw, I also like the DeArmond. I have a Red Starfire.
QuoteBean,

Looks cool. Like the DeArmond too! I've got the T-400. Very underated guitars. too bad Fender stopped production.

Scott

I also think it is underated, and that Fender should have kept it.

Gilles

boogielicious

Bean,

"The G string has a bad habit of going flat, though, which I really need to fix. "

Same as the T-400.  I use 800 grit sand paper to smooth the nut slot, then add a touch of graphite (pencil) or guitar grease.  I think it's the nut material they used.  I also switched the bridge from the roller to the AB-1 tune-o-matic.  My roller bridge was causing some weird ringing that made me crazy.  I use the 800 paper on the bridge too.

Have fun,

Scott

Gilles C

I know it's OT, but what made it for me is switching to 11s, and adding this later

http://www.monteallums.com/Stretch_Tuning_DW.html