Simple Octave Up

Started by lethargytartare, April 08, 2005, 10:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

wierd stuff...magic
 I'd swear on a stackof bibles that the totally unconnected to anything socket...I was plugging a transformer lead and a 22uf cap lead in...just to connect them [I don't know what transformer to use so I'm sticking in an RS one, and wiring it the same way I did the Neoctavia].
 Anyway connecting to nothing killed all output...ReallY...you laugh...so did I...there's ghosts messing with this.
 It was a four pin socket, two pins on one end of the row connected to the OA output, the other two pins were NC yet. I guess I should have video taped this paranormal event.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

walters

1.) The Transformer is to Isolate stages or step up and down
                 a voltage.

2.) The Transformer in this Circuit it does two things
                       a.) it makes the Signal Bipolar and recifiers
                            both the positive and negative voltages
                            of the Waveform to get Extra Harmonics

R.G.

As Doug says, it's already in the FAQ.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

lethargytartare

Actually, walters answered my question nicely (thanks walt!).  I did read the FAQ, and it didn't.  Reread my question and I'm sure you'll see why.

jmusser

I agree with "Lethargy" on some aspects of the FAQs. Sometimes for really retarded people like myself, the FAQs are like coming into the middle of story, and not knowing any of the previous characters. That's why I'm reading these books now, and trying to make heads or tails out of it. Sometimes unless you have all this information, all you get out of it, is "and now class, you just drop the fuel rods in the reactor core and TAH DAH!" "Now, does anyone still have a question on this material?"
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".