Ibanez Flying Pan FP-777 project

Started by optimus_prime_1985, April 08, 2005, 08:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optimus_prime_1985

Does anybody have one of these projects? ANyone have a scgematic?

mrsage

I know Mike at Prophecy Sound was working on one, but I'm not sure if he ever finished.

http://www.prophecysound.com/

And it seems that his DIY page is either down or out of commission. I know he stopped making pedals a few months ago, but his DIY page was still accessible until recently...

nelson

I have a flying pan layout, schematic and toner transfer, if you want it email me.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

mikeb

I did finish, and with the help of Rick L came up with a 'final, tested' version - however, it hasn't been tested by me and hence I'm somewhat reluctant to release it. If people want it though, post here - enough interested posts and I'll do it ... but if there isn't enough interest, that's cool also.

I changed my site hosting recently, and diy.prophecysound.com has disappeared. The contents will be back when I've got time to set it up again.

I think if anyone else has a layout for the FP, they'd be doing people a favour by posting it publically - that baby was hell to lay out, and I'd be very interested in seeing another version!

Mike

nelson

I think I have your versions mike. pulled off the board some time ago, I know someone who has etched a PCB using your layout but they havent populated yet.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

mikeb

:x

I don't believe I ever posted it publically to the 'board'; rather I asked for people who where interested in debugging the layout to contact and work with me privately to avoid giving people a layout that a) didn't work and b) wasn't easy to build. I reason, then, that you have got this person to pass on my stuff, and that may well not be the final version that Rick L so painstakingly worked on - the one he got working.

I also note you make no mention in your message above that in fact it was me who put in a hell of a lot of hard work to get that layout happening in the first place - what, you wanted to try and trade it for other schematics or layouts or something!??!!! FFS!!!

This is just the sort of b/s I hate....  :x  :x  :x

nelson

No I dont want to trade it, I would never try and profit from others work. I didnt realise it was your work. until you posted here. and I checked.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

nelson

the person I recieved this from has etched a PCB using this layout. I suggest you post the most up to date version up. there is certainly demand for it. I will stop sending people this version. if it is flawed.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

nelson

I am workign on my first layout for an EH clone theory and can understand how much work is involved, I apologise if I gave the impression that the layout was produced by me, it was not.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

nelson

optimus prime offered to pay for the layout in a PM, I declined his offer before I checked it was your work.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

mikeb

Email me the files you have, please, so I can check them - mikeb at prophecysound dot com

This will be the last time I make any layouts available.

Mike

optimus_prime_1985

Hope I didn't offend anyone by offering to purchase a layout. I know a lot of work is involved to put one together and was just trying to help defray the cost of R&D a bit. Mike since it was you that started to decode this beast let me say thanks. I think a lot of us would love to have one of these and the cost of an original puts it way out of reach for most. Maybe the FP-777 will be ressurected again.

mikeb

Quote from: optimus_prime_1985Hope I didn't offend anyone by offering to purchase a layout.

Not me. It's the misrepresentation by omission that bugs me.

I was intending to have PCBs produced professionally a) for making clones for sale and b) for making PCBs available to DIYers (as I and 4ms/troubled variance/commonsound have done in the past for many of 'our' devices). Hence the requirement to make sure I can build a version *myself* without errors. Rick L has made one up, but my own standards require that I have done it myself also ... and those same standards require a number of factors to be met as regards the manufacturability and stuff-ability of the PCB. I don't like being rushed to get this sort of thing done ... in this case, I will try and let things be a bit more relaxed (after all, the layout *does* work) and will ask about pricing for PCB production, then post here. The layout itself doesn't readily lend itself to DIY one-off production with PNP blue, maybe only photo-based methods, as there are some tracks run between PCB pads.

More soon.

Mike

optimus_prime_1985

Mike, Thanks for the update. This sounds like good news to me.

nelson

Quote from: mikeb
Quote from: optimus_prime_1985Hope I didn't offend anyone by offering to purchase a layout.

Not me. It's the misrepresentation by omission that bugs me.

I made no attempt to pass the work off as my own, and I am offended, its not my fault you assumed I did. There was no misrepresentation. I simply said I had a layout. if I say I have a schematic, it doesnt mean I drew it up does it? It simply means I have one. Don't get angry at me for your assumptions. I made absolutely NO EFFORT to pass the work off as my own. It is an OFFENCE to my integrity that you think I would do such a thing. It says more about your cynical nature than anything else. cynicism I can understand however seeing as this business seems based on copying circuits for commercial gain. I do appreciate your work as I do of many on this forum. Just leave the cynical accusations outwith posts directed at me.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

mikeb

Quote from: nelson

I made no attempt to pass the work off as my own, and I am offended, its not my fault you assumed I did. There was no misrepresentation. I simply said I had a layout. if I say I have a schematic, it doesnt mean I drew it up does it? It simply means I have one. Don't get angry at me for your assumptions. I made absolutely NO EFFORT to pass the work off as my own. It is an OFFENCE to my integrity that you think I would do such a thing. It says more about your cynical nature than anything else. cynicism I can understand however seeing as this business seems based on copying circuits for commercial gain. I do appreciate your work as I do of many on this forum. Just leave the cynical accusations outwith posts directed at me.

No offense - but you don't have much idea of what 'this' business is about. If you knew anything about prophecysound you'd know it's not all about copying circuit for commercial gain.

I apologise to anyone who has been passed on the outdated and incorrect layout. Things are in progress to make sure the correct version, and PCBs made from it, will be available in future.

Mike

nelson

I NEVER mentioned prophecy sound, I was talking in general.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Nothing to see here folks, move along... anyone got a stripboard version?

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Dragonfly

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)Nothing to see here folks, move along...

<waves Jedi hand>
These are not the droids you're looking for.....

Quoteanyone got a stripboard version?

...smartass !!!!

:D

<j/k>