Need Schematic For Peavey Deuce VT Foot Switch

Started by MattAnonymous, April 12, 2005, 12:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattAnonymous

Hey guys, I'm in need of a schematic for the automix peavey deuce footswitch.  Apparently these amps came with the switch, but it seems to get lost or something and is missing when the amp is bought second hand.

Thanks,
Matt
It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

william

I've spoken to peavey three times to get schematics and each time they've sent them.  I've gotten the 5150, 5150 combo, and xxx amp schematics from them.  I'd suggest either calling them or sending an e-mail.  When I sent the e-mail about the xxx, it took two weeks to get the schematic, so calling seems to be a little faster.

Arne

Hi, you can find schematics for the peavey deuce on
http://www.blueguitar.org/
It's a zip file with 8 jpg pictures

I hope this can help you.

Arne.

MattAnonymous

Thanks for the advice.  I have already attempted to contact peavey for a shem of the switch, but received no reply.

I'll take another look at the stuff on blueguitar and see if it contains the footswitch, but I didn't see it last time I looked at the amp schem.

Matt
It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

svstee

Time to bring back an OLD thread! My brother just picked up a 4x10 Deuce V2 with no switch, and he wants me to build him one. Check the linked site, can't find the info. Found this
http://voodoomanswitches.com/component/page,shop.product_details/category_id,12/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,215/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/vmcchk,1/
But that is about what he paid for the whole amp! Anyone know where I can find a schematic?

waltk

I have the complete schematic in GIF form (including the footswitch).PM me with your email address, and I'll send them.

bluzmeister

Quote from: MattAnonymous on April 12, 2005, 12:39:03 PM
Hey guys, I'm in need of a schematic for the automix peavey deuce footswitch.  Apparently these amps came with the switch, but it seems to get lost or something and is missing when the amp is bought second hand.

Thanks,
Matt

After speaking with a Peavey tech about the schematic diagram for the footswitch that's included in the Mace / Peavey Deuce main schematic and telling him the selector / combiner wiring didn't look right to me, he agreed that that diagram is incorrect and said that was an error by the drawing department, but sent me another diagram that he said was correct that uses the center pin. The other schematic that shows the use of a pinout plug diagram and the center pin is also incorrect and after screwing around for hours and not getting the automix to work, I took the time to open the amp, see what does what when grounding each of the four pins used in the jack, check the amp chassis wiring colors and how they correspond to the footswitch, and made my own schematic diagram that works (and I have two Peavey Deuce VT's to cross check and confirm my wiring), and for $49.99 plus shipping (or pick one up at a local Guitar Center), you can buy and mofify an Ibanez IFS4X TBX Tone Blaster Xtreme 4-Button Footswitch which happens to have single pole double throw switches for all four buttons and LED's if you want to wire them up with a battery. The original Peavey switch only had one SPDt switch and the other three were single pole single throw. Anyway, if you're tired of trying to locate the correct diagram and frustrated at trying to get your automix or other effects to work, I have diagrams, images, and color coded wiring charts that tell you what each colored wire does in the amp and how to wire a four button footswitch to control the selector, combiner, phasor and reverb but only on the Peavey Deuce VT and possibly the Mace This WILL NOT work on the Peavey Deuce non VT w/o automix that instead has the series / parallel function. Email me at dabluzking@hotmail.com if you want the diagrams.

bluzmeister

Please disregard the invitation to email me for diagrams for the Peavey Mace, Deuce or Classic VT series amp footswitches. Instead go here to get them from my posts under user name Bluesmeister: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t9239/
If you use any other drawings, diagrams or schematics posted there by anyone other than Bluesmeister, I guarantee you will have problems as they are all incorrect. I confirmed this with a Peavey tech by phone and sent them my drawings.

Download the Mace / Deuce VT schematic below, but DO NOT use the foootswitch diagram in this schematic. It is wrong / incorrect. Only use the diagrams at my thread on the Peavey forum linked above. Any future emails to me about footswitches will be autmatically deleted. Sorry.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2&searchstring=peavey+deuce+mace.pdf

bluzmeister

Sorry, but aparently there is no edit option available in this forum so I have no choice but to ad a reply.

Download the Mace / Deuce VT schematic below, but DO NOT use the footswitch diagram in this schematic. It is wrong / incorrect. Only use the diagrams at my thread on the Peavey forum linked above. Also, make sure to download the PDF titled MAce Deuce VT and not the ones titled Deuce or any other title as they will not be for the VT with Automix function.

Any future emails to me about footswitches will be autmatically deleted. Sorry.

http://www.schematicsunlimited.com/?z=peavey

runmikeyrun

Peavey will release any schematic for an item that's discontinued.  I've emailed them several times and always had a schematic in my inbox within a couple hours time. 
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

bluzmeister

That may be so, but it does you absolutely no good to have a schematic or footswitch diagram from Peavey that is incorrect. As I stated, the wiring diagrams whether from the comprehensive Peavy Schematics or the individual footswitch wiring diagrams that you can get from Peavey for the Mace, Deuce, and Classic VT series amps ARE WRONG. I have corrected them, spoken directly with Peavey techs who concurred and confirmed they are incorrect as they currently have on file, but they will not bother to re-visit the schematics or diagrams to correct diagrams for out of production amplifiers or related items. What they told me is the reason the diagrams are incorrect is that they have a drawing department and they do these diagrams, but they are not engineers or technicians, They do drawings and so they can make mistakes.  So if you want to use a Peavey diagram (at least for the VT series of amps and the footswitch of this topic), go ahead, but I guarantee they WILL NOT work unless contrary to what they said, they have updayed them with my corrected diagrams. 

bluzmeister

Quote from: bluzmeister on April 11, 2012, 10:16:52 PM
Please disregard the invitation to email me for diagrams for the Peavey Mace, Deuce or Classic VT series amp footswitches. Instead go here to get them from my posts under user name Bluesmeister: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t9239/
If you use any other drawings, diagrams or schematics posted there by anyone other than Bluesmeister, I guarantee you will have problems as they are all incorrect. I confirmed this with a Peavey tech by phone and sent them my drawings.

Download the Mace / Deuce VT schematic below, but DO NOT use the foootswitch diagram in this schematic. It is wrong / incorrect. Only use the diagrams at my thread on the Peavey forum linked above. Any future emails to me about footswitches will be autmatically deleted. Sorry.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2&searchstring=peavey+deuce+mace.pdf

Please do not contact me regarding askimg for these diagrams. I am no longer providing assistance or diagrams.