OT: Wha happened? (For Ton)

Started by Mark Hammer, April 13, 2005, 01:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

I borrowed a compilation of George Clinton and P-Funk from the public library over the weekend and have listened to it (loudly and proudly) in segments while driving.

Between Bootsy Collins, Eddie Hazel, and Bernie Worrell.  Between Mutrons, Dr. Q's, wah-wah pedals, and Mini-Moogs.  I suspect I have been subjected to well over 10,000 filter sweeps during the past 72 hours, if not more.

Everything is starting to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher talking through a trumpet wah to me!! :lol:  :lol:

aron

niftydog

QuoteEverything is starting to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher talking through a trumpet wah to me!!

Isn't that what happens when Homer eats the Guatamalen death chilis and wigs out all night?

You sure you haven't just gotten back from a chili cook-off?  :P
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

puretube

now you`ve experienced the "P" ...

one fine day, I`ll tell the full story about how Mike Beigel, Bootsy,
Larry Graham and me are involved in the rubber "folloWah" band...
(and to a lesser content: James Brown & Sly Stone)

until then: Go Wiggle ! (on rollerskates and a jo-jo)

oopah-pahdoo: how d`y`all do?

puretube

btw: don`t Funk`n`Drive: I ruined my last car`s drive-shaft/cardan by "drivin to the beat", and "hoarsed" the claxon, by honking "on the one" :wink: ...

Arno van der Heijden

Quote from: puretubebtw: don`t Funk`n`Drive: I ruined my last car`s drive-shaft/cardan by "drivin to the beat", and "hoarsed" the claxon, by honking "on the one" :wink: ...

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Mark Hammer

Quote from: puretubebtw: don`t Funk`n`Drive: I ruined my last car`s drive-shaft/cardan by "drivin to the beat", and "hoarsed" the claxon, by honking "on the one" :wink: ...

Oh, no, NEVER blame anything on "the one"!  If you thought "the force" was strong, "the one" is even stronger.

About 15 years ago (same week as the Gulf War), I had to drive from the west coast to the east coast of Canada, solo.  As it happened, from the west coast onward, the first place I found to stay was just outside Bismarck, North Dakota, roughly the distance of a drive across all or most of Europe.  Robert Palmer's (RIP) techno hit of the time, a re-make of "You are in my system", was being played everywhere, and was just about the only thing that kept me awake and driving, though it had a STRONG influence on my gas pedal activity.  I must have looked bizarre on the satellite photos, with jerky acceleration and braking! :lol:

I do funk and drive from time to time, but you have to know your limits, otherwise it does get dangerous.  I wonder if Michelin or Goodyear makes funk-grade tires?  You know, the ones with "Afro-grip" treads, capable of hip-shakin', love-makin', soul-quakin', booty-breakin' turns in a rain of despair or snow of serenity?

RDV

Well all right, if you hear any noise, it ain't nobody but me and the boys
Gettin' down.  

Hit it fellas!

RDV

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: Mark HammerI wonder if Michelin or Goodyear makes funk-grade tires?  You know, the ones with "Afro-grip" treads, capable of hip-shakin', love-makin', soul-quakin', booty-breakin' turns in a rain of despair or snow of serenity?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I looked at Bridgestone and didn't find anything.... not that I would expect lots of 'funk capable' car accessories from Japan..... other than stereos of course. ;)

Are there any 'funk rated' bicycle tires out there? 26 inch rims???
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

hank reynolds 3rd

no, but i heard Jasper Carrott once had a 'funky' moped......

yes,i know that was bad....
:roll:

Sam