Torchys MXR Wylde - Boxed up!

Started by kojjum, April 13, 2005, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kojjum

MXR Wylde clone, stripboard layouted by Torchy! Thanks a lot...what a excelent sounding overdrive this is. So sweet and Zakk soundnig if you whant to.

This is my almost finished box:

//jens
Never repair stuff that ain't broken!

Marcos - Munky

WOW!!!! Now that's a really beautiful box.

LivingDeadPunk

Excellent!  :shock:

What kind of decal did you use for the upper side?
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

vanhansen

That is sweet.  I like the design.  Good work.

This is my favorite overdrive pedal now. =)  The SD-1 has moved aside.
Erik

Clipped

To Each His Tone.

Mark Hammer

Very pretty.  Nice work.  Captures the spirit well without stepping on copyright toes.

Prompts a question though.  I have also placed adaptor jacks on the side, though I tend to prefer them on the rear skirt.  But why did you choose to place the adaptor jack closer to you rather than behind the input jack?  Just curious.  Do you have any regrets?  Or alternatively, do you have a specific system/approach for using power patch cords?

kusi

wow, thats cool.  8)

little question: from where do you have the "zakkifier"-font? it looks very nice... whats the name of it?

greetings kusi

Clipped

Quote from: kusi
little question: from where do you have the "zakkifier"-font? it looks very nice... whats the name of it?

Kusi -
I don't about this one in particular, but http://www.fontfreak.com
has a TON of free true type fonts for you to add to your projects.

Ron
To Each His Tone.

petemoore

TBA
 Where's the schematic for this one?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

vanhansen

Quote from: Clipped
Quote from: kusi

Kusi -
I don't about this one in particular, but http://www.fontfreak.com
has a TON of free true type fonts for you to add to your projects.

Ron

The BLS font is Old English.
Erik

kojjum

Quote from: LivingDeadPunkExcellent!  :shock:

What kind of decal did you use for the upper side?
I Use a transparent vinyl sticker in A4 format that I run trough my office colorlaser printer. I have both white and transparent vinyl...in this case I used the transparent becuse the box was white.

//jens

kojjum

Quote from: Mark HammerVery pretty.  Nice work.  Captures the spirit well without stepping on copyright toes.

Prompts a question though.  I have also placed adaptor jacks on the side, though I tend to prefer them on the rear skirt.  But why did you choose to place the adaptor jack closer to you rather than behind the input jack?  Just curious.  Do you have any regrets?  Or alternatively, do you have a specific system/approach for using power patch cords?

Thanks!

I usually put the adaptor jack on the "north end". In this case I would like to have the pots in one line and as faar north as possible for the graphics and to make sure that it was enough room to fit the stripboard.. I'm not sure if it was such a good idéa to put it there but it will show.

//jens

kojjum

Quote from: kusiwow, thats cool.  8)

greetings kusi

Thanks!

I don't remember the name...i'll check my Illustrator document when I get to the office tomorrow morning.

//jens

petemoore

I looked but didn't see...is the schematic in one of those links?

kojjum

Quote from: petemooreI looked but didn't see...is the schematic in one of those links?
Look here:http://forum.musikding.de/attachements/MXR_ZW-44_Wylde.jpg

//jens

petemoore

Thanks Kojjum !!!

kojjum

Quote from: petemooreThanks Kojjum !!!
You are welcome!

//jens

WGTP

The MPSA14 is a Darlington transistor.  Does that make since for an input buffer?   :?
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

petemoore

I don't see why not...I used a 3904 after frying a HG/LN transistor or two trying to darlingtonize them. Works PDGood too !!!
 Definitely quite lively sounding !!! Just finished getting it going !! A little messy, I decided to go by the pin #'s, but at least it's pretty tight, I managed to not make it super gangly anyway, but should have either started with Pin 3 as input or turned the Opamp around.
 For the voltage divider on this one I used two 22k's and a 20k trimpot inbetween and I'm able to move the 4.5v bias around a little bit.
 Interesting pedal, I think I'm gonna like this one.

G Kresge