Maxon SD9 Switching problem

Started by vhollund, April 14, 2005, 06:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vhollund

Hello
The maxon is an awfull sounding distortion but its not a reliable fast swicthing in it , and iwould like to change it.
Has someone done it before , im looking for some instruktions.
Thanks
Vagn

stinkfoot

That's the one drawback the Maxon nine series has - the switches they use are the push-push (push to activate, which locks the switch in the "down/on" position -> push again and release to deactivate) type, which means that while the pedal turns on as you press the pedal down, it will not turn off until you press and release the foot.

I find that as long as I remember to stomp quickly and not leave my foot on the pedal, I can get it to work reasonably well. Sadly, there seem to be no other 3PDT (or 4PDT as Maxon now uses in these pedals) switches available that are small enough to fit inside the space given.

/Andreas

MartyMart

You could leave it "on" all the time and built a little switcher box to have
on the floor..... kick it "into" circuit when needed, put the SD-9 on yer amp .. ?
A friend of mine has a "touring" rig like that, all his pedals are in a "rack drawer" and are always "on" .....

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com