Started by Rodgre, April 14, 2005, 08:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

MartyB

Picturin the tones in my head...
8)
MartyB

petemoore

I have great disdain for being in that position, and take steps to not have to be like that....much.
 I put a board that extends past the edge of my amp, under my amp, so I have a 'table' right next to the amp, the height of my 4x12 cabinet, I put the effects on there and tune them. The jamroom has 'my effect' table so I don't use the board method there.
 I like the multi effect panels or large boxes, I have one that's really nice with a Fetzer>Wah>BMP, Another with Tycho>FF. This way I can tune the battery powered box[s, THEN place them on the floor.
 I find it's easy enough to tune my octaves [mainly just having to set volume, but Fuzzes and Boosters seem to require tweeking for different volumes in different venues.
 Bending over like that is the posers nightmare...I hate to do have to tweek on the floor like that.
 I need more treadle pedal controls.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

bwanasonic

Quote from: petemooreI have great disdain for being in that position, and take steps to not have to be like that....much.

My knees don't allow it much, so I have my *twiddliest* pedals at about waist high on top my amp, and have become pretty adept at adjusting the ones on my board with my feet. Rodgre, you should post a wider angle shot. From what I have seen that's about 1/8th of your board :lol:

Damn, I want a Jazzmaster!

Kerry M

RDV

I've gotten to know my settings so well now that I can set them before the show and rarely ever touch them all night long.

I'm using(in order) a Modded Crybaby, Thunderchief, Easyvibe, BSIAB2, & my HMP(w/Rat style tone control).

RDV

object88

I like the idea of having a group of about 6 CV pedals running to various stompboxes to control most-commonly-used settings.  Or custom-rigging a collection of mini-sliders into a guitar for at-hand twiddling.  That would make the to/from guitar wiring a lot heavier, but it would be better for the knees!

ExpAnonColin

Nice JM.  I am normally sitting down, so bending over is just a matter of bending over... which I am doing about 1/3 of the time.

-Colin

Rodgre

The only time I'm twiddling the knobs is at that crazy spot in the show where I'm going nuts with the analog delay feeding back on itself. (That's an Ibanez Delay Champ for you trainspotters.)  

Otherwise, I'm a set it and forget it guy too, although I have the expression pedals on the Line 6 stuff doing some crucial stuff.

Besides, the kiddies love it when I go nuts on the delay pedal.

"ooooooh! It's a spaceship!"

Thanks for noticing the Jazzmaster too. That's my '62 with a '62 RI Strat neck.  That one went together well with my shirt.

other photos from that gig: http://jammzfestpictures.tripod.com/id9.html

They were taken by a fan at a Tsunami relief benefit we did at a crazy Indian Restaurant. MMMMMMMMM Tikka Masala!

Roger

Dan N

Your drummer's t-shirt cracked me up! A real relic of the 80's!

Nice geetars man!