News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Tube driver

Started by fikri, April 14, 2005, 01:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fikri

Hi !

I have a question about the tube driver schematic : I have two schematics from jack orman version and the other is from Jd Sleep version which is so different. Which one is correct ? and why is the jack orman version only have a tone not the treble and bass control ?

Thanks !

dosmun

There were a couple different versions of the Tube Driver.  One with the Bass and Treble contols which was AC powered and the 9v version which only had Vol, Tone, and Drive.  I am not sure if these schematics are the same though.

mojotron

I've owned both versions, there is a range where they sound the same (with the same tube), but the 4 knob version is way way better...  :D

I am working on a FET version of the 4 knob tube driver... I ran into some issues trying not to use a transformer.... If someone has done/tried a FET based Tube Driver I would love to exchange notes...

george

Quote from: fikriHi !

I have a question about the tube driver schematic : I have two schematics from jack orman version and the other is from Jd Sleep version which is so different. Which one is correct ? and why is the jack orman version only have a tone not the treble and bass control ?

Thanks !

they're different types as dosmun said.

jack orman=9v, 3 knob
jd sleep=AC powered, 4 knob (has an internal transfomer stepping down to 12V AC)

and as far as I know, both correct.

Aron's  Shaka Tube is quite similar to the 4knob, you may want to check that out as well, a number of people (inc myself) have built it ...