What's inside a DPDT footswitch?

Started by cd, April 15, 2005, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cd

I had one punk out on me, and I decided to gut it.  Here's the innards for those who've never seen them before.  FYI I can't remember where I got it (pulled from an MXR or Voodoo Lab pedal maybe), but it's probably 5-6 years old.  Looks like a regular x-wing style cheapo.

smashinator

Wow, they work like ballpoint pens!
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

cd

Oops I forgot to explain how the whole thing fit together!!  The top part and spring should be self explanatory... the "golf tee" fits into the top part inside the spring, with the pointy end down (towards the lugs).  The little metal parts are the throws of the switch, which go inside the black part, and the white thing with the black legs sticking out goes on top of that.  So the golf tee alternately rocks the white thing back/forth which moves the throws.

Anyone want to sacrifice a 3PDT blue to the DIY gods?

Andi

Quote from: cdAnyone want to sacrifice a 3PDT blue to the DIY gods?

I had one die on me a while back, and took it apart - similar overall setup inside, though I think it was more metal. If I have another one go I'll hack it up and post pictures.