News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Wah tranny's

Started by Greg, April 15, 2005, 11:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I've got 5117's in my 80's Crybaby now and I had picked up a pair of BC109 types from Small Bear. Am I going to hear any significant difference by swapping 'em? I'm wondering if I should just save the 109's for a fuzz face or something.
Thanks,
Greg

Ed G.

Put some sockets in there, swap 'em out and see how they sound. I'm interested to find out, myself.

Greg

I could do that but I think, if I don't trash the 5117's w/ the soldering iron when I remove them, their leads would be too short to use w/ sockets anyway. So I was hoping to get some input from anyone that might have already compared.

swt

As far as i know, 5117s are the holy grail of wah trannies. i wouldn't swap them. I guess they are mentioned on the wah page at geo.
i've always like the sound of my wahs with bc109s though.

analog kid

IN case you haven't already figured it out .( I just saw your post) The T.O. 5117's have a different pinout than BC109's and most with typical EBC pinouts  ;... IF I remember correctly!  I believe they're CBE. SO even with sockets you would be twisting the leads of ANY normal EBC pinout trannies when putting them in a board that uses 5117
good luck
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..