HMP strange "oct" problem..

Started by Davide, April 16, 2005, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davide

I've noticed that my HMP around 12th 13th and14th frets of B and E strings creates strange "octaver" sounds  :shock:
Where the problem could be ?

RDV

Interwesting. Low or high octave? Does it dominate the sound or is it barely audible?

RDV

Davide

Davide

http://file.webalice.it/

user davide.bardone

pass public davide

some parts with "normal" sound then i focused on the weird notes (same effect with the same notes on differents strings and frets)

sorry for the bad quality :P quick recording

RDV

j0shua

I can't hear the Octave Sound ..... appears to be normal....

Davide

Quote from: RDVCan't get logged in.

RDV

with "davide.bardone" and pass "davide" ? strange... Everything seems to work..

Quote from: j0shuaI can't hear the Octave Sound ..... appears to be normal....

listen to the single notes parts, the "satch" melody sounds normal.

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

I recall having a problem with a weird low octave flutter. There was an issue with the opamp that drives the EQ as well as adjustment of the trim pot for Q.

HTH

RDV

Davide

Yeah it's possible, 'cause i remember that with some eq settings the effect disappeard...

T Y ;)

RDV

The way I'm using my EQ is to cut low mids for a big a$$ sound. I've never had to use the EQ as a boost. So I'm not really having any problems. For a metalish sound I really like it.

RDV

Davide

Yeah, the same way i'm using it. But experimenting a little i noticed those strange sounding notes.. I love it when i need an Hard Rock or classic Heavy Metal sound :) .
Now i'm also looking for something sounding like a mesa dual/triple rectifier at max gain, for a growling heavy distortion (a REAL triple rect. is still a dream for my pockets :P)