10k long bushing potentiometer... help!

Started by ExpAnonColin, April 16, 2005, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

You know how they make pots with longer bushings to fit in guitars (particularly les pauls)?  Well, my guitar (the starblaster) uses a 10k pot for the expression knob... I found some cermet pots with .4in or so bushings, which is just fine, and it was all going well until in England I tried pushing on a knob and succeeded in breaking the shaft through the enclosure of the pot without too much force.  There was $5 down the drain, and now I need a replacement... but it would be 5 times better to get a normal old non-cermet pot with a kurled shaft.  It needs to be at least .35inches, I believe.  Can anyone lend me a hand?

-Colin

niftydog

ooh ooh, me too!

I've been trying to find two 500k linears and two 500k logs with long bushing for a few months now.

Anyone?!!?!?

:?
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

lvs

I had a similar problem locating a rotary switch with long bushing AND knurled shaft to fit into a Les Paul. None found, but I eliminated the bushing length requirement by screwing the switch directly to the metal shielding plate that's inside the LP's control cavity... like this. I hope you find your pots - that of course would be best - but in the meantime you may want to try something similar to this, which worked okay for me.