Fuzz Face - HELP!!!

Started by HeaD, April 16, 2005, 06:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeaD

Quote from: petemoore9V jack? on a FF? I see reasons why not to...

Sorry again... why not?

I apologize for my inexperience but I still not understanding how to execute battery and LED wires connections.

http://img18.echo.cx/img18/4369/fuzzfacelopn3pdt9uc.gif --> what must I still correct here?
Sorry for my english :|

Karmasound

Here's the deal.

Do you have a DMM?

Ok well forget about that one for a second.

Don't worry about using the ac-jack. Because it won't work using positive ground, unless yuo have an adaptor.

I think you need to simplify things a bit.

Sometimes I won't even hook up the 3pdt, i'll just hook up right to the in/out jack and make sure my circuit is working. Then you can add the 3pdt, led ect....

When you get it hooked up check the voltages on Q1 and Q2 and post them.

Your red+ wire goes to the ground rail, see that little jumper on the bottom? That's the ground rail.

Hook the - to the pad on the top 6th pad from the right. See it?

Sometimes the best approach is the simplest. Then when you get that going you can add in other stuff.

But if you start simple then that reduces the mistake variables.

Take the wire that runs off the 500k volume, it will be the middle lug. Put that on the tip connector of the output jack.

Now take a wire from the tip of your input jack to the + side of the 2.2 cap

Now take a wire from the ring of the output jack to the sleeve of the input. YOu have now eleminated the 3pdt ,ac jack ,and led.

Take the + battery wire and put it on the first hole on the left side of the board. Take the neg. wire from the battery and put it on the 6th pad from the right side.

Now make sure your caps are turned the right way according to the positive ground layout/schematic. And you are ready to  try it.

Karmasound

there is not need to mess with the ac-jack, it won't work with positive ground.

go to geofex.com and read the Technology of the FF

Never use negative ground and a positive ground crcuit unless you have some experience with the circuit.

Even then it is still a pain in the rear.

They weren't designed to be run that way.

Also a battery on a FF sounds best and they last for a long time, so don't shoot yourself in the foot with the ac-jack