Distroplus fx

Started by moreduff, April 17, 2005, 10:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moreduff

Do I necesary need an AC adaptor for this fx, cause It doesnt work for me with the batterie. Plus can u tell me how to do input and output wiring for it?

http://www.tonepad.com/getFileInfo.asp?id=4

Joep

You need a 9V battery or DC power supply to get it working.

Have a look at this document for the offboard wiring:
http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=35

Good luck,

Joep

moreduff

Tryed with batterie and adaptor, still doesnt work, tryed this wiring too. no good. the schematics says that It needs AC adaptor. COuld it be that it doesnt work for this reason?

Mark Hammer

The Distortion+ does NOT need an AC adapter.  It can be used with one, to be sure, but the current requirements of this circuit permit a 9v battery to power it for a LONG time.

There are some effects that will work off a 9v battery for a short while, but use it up quickly enough that you *should* use an adapter.  Things that fall in that category would be small amplifiers and some digital effects.  I have a Line 6 pedal that will run off a 9v alkaline for an estimated 5-6hrs.  Obviously, such a pedal starts to become expensive if I *don'T* use an adaptor.

The Dist+/DOD250 is not one of those, thankfully.  If the circuit doesn't work, you've done something wrong.  It is not failing because of needing an adaptor.

moreduff

Have you ever made Dist+/DOD250 ? did it worked for you?

Quote from: Mark HammerThe Distortion+ does NOT need an AC adapter.  It can be used with one, to be sure, but the current requirements of this circuit permit a 9v battery to power it for a LONG time.

There are some effects that will work off a 9v battery for a short while, but use it up quickly enough that you *should* use an adapter.  Things that fall in that category would be small amplifiers and some digital effects.  I have a Line 6 pedal that will run off a 9v alkaline for an estimated 5-6hrs.  Obviously, such a pedal starts to become expensive if I *don'T* use an adaptor.

The Dist+/DOD250 is not one of those, thankfully.  If the circuit doesn't work, you've done something wrong.  It is not failing because of needing an adaptor.

nightingale

yes,
the tonepad project file works very well. i have built a couple modified vrsions using that layout. are you sure that your chip orientation is correct.

also,
double check and make sure that all of the "traces" on your board look OK. make sure there are no cracked traces etc.

if you could measure some voltages to ground from the legs of the chip, that would also help us help you.
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

moreduff

Checked everything twice, maked it again, and its the same, damn.... Does anyone knows where could I find schematics (simplest) which needs only couple parts.

jrc4558

1) check rails voltage, post it here
2) check IC pins voltage, post it here
3) check capacitor polarities
4) check for micro-cracks on PCB (just for electrical continuinty)
5) post results here

Mozhet togda mi smozhem chem-to pomoch'.