Futurlec and Wah Shell

Started by cooter7544, April 21, 2005, 02:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooter7544

I've read the circa 2003 reviews about Futurlec, but I was curious if anyone's had any experience lately with them? Still backing up orders or have they fixed that?

Also, anyone know a good place (other than local repair shops and Ebay) to pick up a wah shell (or 5?)

Khas Evets

I just placed an order on Sunday with futurelec, and it shipped on Wednesday.

lethargytartare

My only order with them was a month or so ago and it took a while to ship, and when it arrived, it was someone else's order.  I called in, and they shipped the correct parts a reasonable amount of time later.

dv8

I rec'd my order within 3 weeks.

I ordered some veroboards (looked good) and some of the value packs.  Resistor and cap packs seems like good range of values, although resistors had a lot of low values.

I could post of summary of values if anyone is interested.

-brian

Karmasound

I've been wrestling with ordering from them again. But here is what happened last time.

This was this January. I placed a decent sized order. Waited. After a month went by I emailed. Waited. After six weeks I emailed again and they said they were waiting on getting in a few cap values to complete my order. On my order it was 3 caps.

I was so mad that they didn't return my first email and that they should have let me know what was going on, because I would have just dropped those caps off the order. I cancelled the whole thing and bought from another place.

I ordered vero from them too and that got here at around a week.

But i'm so leary of ordering again :cry:

Coriolis

Well, I've ordered from them in 2 rounds. Ordered some value packs and some other stuff about a month ago, that I still haven't received. But the mailed me and said they had run out of some components, and did I want a substitute for that. I did get a mail a while later saying my order had been shipped. I thought communication with them was ok. Two days after I ordered the value packs, I ordered some pots too, which I got 2 weeks ago.
Go figure.
Now, I live in europe, and the stuffed was shipped from Thailand. I guess they have a warehouse there or smth.
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

Gladmarr

I've ordered parts and circuit boards from them.  In all cases, they take forever to ship, because they are in Australia or Thailand.  The parts are always exactly what I ordered, and on one occasion the boards were not totally right.  The boards were correct to my drawings, but they got the numbers goofed up, they charged me for soldermask and silkscreening, when they did neither.  Also, I asked for 3 boards and they sent me 10.  (If anyone is thinking of doing the Royer microphone mod from the TapeOp board, I've got spare mic boards.)  I emailed them about the error (and the extra charge) and they refunded my money.  

I think they're just kinda short on the information exchange, but other than that they're on the up-and-up.

ExpAnonColin

Ordering from Futurlec is a 50% chance of a gigantic wait.  You decide.  I am very pissed at them.

-Colin