help with the clean machin and millenium v1

Started by Ptownkid, April 23, 2005, 12:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptownkid

XCan someone do a quick sketch or where the wires go in order to put a millenium v1 in a clean machine, I think i've got it wired wrong...

Ptownkid

ok, so it's working right, but I'm getting a little bit of LED glow in one state, and fully lit in the other.

Also, when i'm in the state that lets volume passed untouched by the log pot, i get a crackling whoosy kind of sound as a i turn the volume knob on my guitar down.

So where di I @#$% up?

R.G.

The slight glow in one state of the Millenium 1 is a "feature" of some JFETs in that circuit. You can eliminate it by either paralleling the LED with resistor (try 10K to start) or putting a diode in series from the source of the JFET.

The crackling sound when you turn your guitar knob indicates that you have DC leaking out the input of the effect. I don't remember the clean machine clearly enough to tell you exactly which part, but it's likely to be either an electrolytic input capacitor put in backwards or a soldering or wiring error.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

R.G.

First, the bypass switch is wired incorrectly for a Millenium Bypass. That's why you have crackles on the guitar. As it's wired, the Millenium is putting the DC on the pot.

Second, you'd need to put a big capacitor, something like maybe 10uF Non Polarized, in series with the hot side of that pot to get the MIllenium Bypass to work with this.

Try this:
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ptownkid

Ptownkid

ok, si it works perfectly now as far as sound goes, but one state is a fully lit led, and the other is brightness controlled based on the log pot.

How do i fix this?

Also, is there a way that i can rig this up so that the led is lit in the opposite state, meaning when the pot is not in the circuit, i'd like the led to be fully lit, when it is in the circuit i want it to go out.

cheers

R.G.

R.G.

Ptownkid

bump, is there really no one who can help here?

most of the projects i see going on here are far more complicated...