Tonemender oscilates =o(

Started by audioguy, April 23, 2005, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioguy

OK, I just finished my second oscilating Tonemender. The first was Torchy's layout- which was my first ever strip build, so I thought it might be me- so I built the second using ROGs layout. I have NOT tried Gringos layout yet, as I have a hunch I might get the same results...
Each knob controls oscilation on a different frequency- including the Level control.
I swapped op-amps from the recomended 2272 to the TL072 and it didnt help.

Any suggestions?

Audioguy

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

What are you usign as a power supply?
Have you got a filter cap across the power supply?

audioguy

Right now Im just using a battery. I have yet to deviate from the layouts, so no, I have not tried a  cap across the power supply... I'l give it a try.

thanks!

audioguy

I just tried a 47 and a 100UF cap across the power supply and it didnt change much if at all.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

B Tremblay

I'm sorry to hear that you've having a difficult and frustrating time with the circuit.

I can't vouch for the vero layout, but the perf layout is verified (as the photos show).

What are the IC pin voltages?

If you are confident that the board wiring is correct, then the off-board wiring is the next place to check - especially if you didn't re-wire the pots from scratch after the vero failure.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

audioguy

I think I'll give the whole thing one more shot from scratch using the your layout. I did rewire the pots, but they are the same as the first build... so I might have something goofy going on there.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again!

Audioguy