Check out this artwork.

Started by CS Jones, April 24, 2005, 06:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CS Jones

Every time I go to visit this guy to see his work or someone brings a piece over I'm blown away. Unbelievable stuff. Gorgeous. I hate having to drill it.

His work just gets better and better. His name is Arlon Prince.

Clay

David

Farm out, man!  I can just see a Fuzz Face or Orange Sunshine in there, doooode!  Is that "Incense and Peppermints" I hear?

barret77

vortex

Holy crap!
Just hang it on the wall!

That's insane!

troubledtom

cool ,i do that shit aLL the time............ :wink:
       -tt

GonzoFonts

Quote from: CS Jones
His name is Arlon Prince.

WOW!!!

Do you have any contact info?

GF

sean k

That would be a form of marbling where oil paints are suspended in water ,or somesuch where the "printing "medium is suspended upon and allowed to whirl and then when the effect desired is reached then the articled is put in contact to grab the picture.Used lots for the inners of book covers in book binding but this seems a modern approach as the colours are almost alike laquers.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

MartyMart

WOW !
Thats just too nice to drill holes in  :shock:

I second the " put it on the wall" idea, just put 'yer fuzz in a grey box with
a cheap sticker on it .....  !!!!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Freddy205

I think there is an article on how to achive this effect at projectguitar.com . I really have to try it some day, it looks awsome!

Doug_H

That painting technique always reminds me of this:

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.net/disco/saucer/html/saucer01.html

One of my favorite album covers.

Doug

Paul Marossy

There is also a little write up on swirl painting enclosures at www.geofex.com  :wink:

CS Jones

He doesn't use the dipping technique to get the effect.

Here are some end results of dipping...

I can't say exactly what he does (because I don't know) but he uses a giant frame and all the pedals lay face up on it. No dipping. The end result creates more of a 3D effect with layers on layers. The dipped ones have that characteristic "surface" swirl and lack the depth; the patterns of which, while random, are all similar.

I like them both.

By the looks of this one it seems he might be dragging a small sheet of something across the surface and the then lifting it. I really don't know though.

Clay

Paul Marossy

QuoteHe doesn't use the dipping technique to get the effect.

Gee, I guess it's not true swirl painted enclosures, is it? More like "drip swirl".

ibanezts808

I like it, but I don't know if I'd want it on a pedal i'm using.  Don't get me wrong, for other things, I'd love it, I don't know. it may take a while to grow on me.
Hi Paul.  Welcome.  We are all Stompboxaholics

I am so cool.

Paul Marossy

BTW, I forgot to mention that I really dig the yellow/black swirls!  8)