Need some delay schematics, please

Started by Greybeard, April 25, 2005, 10:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybeard

I know this forum is all about building, I do some of that, but also modding. IE I work with what I have..... I have looked everywhere for these and can't seem to find them so if anyone can help it would be greatly appretiated........

DOD DFX-9 Digital Delay
DOD FX-65 Chorus (Not fx-60, I got that)
Johnson Analog Echo EAD-2

also Boss SD-2 (yeah not a delay, but hey!)

These guys are clogging my bench and my mind lately so please help.... :wink:  Thanks.

Greybeard

cd

What's clogging your mind about them?  What do you want to accomplish with them?  If you don't have a schematic, and you aren't likely to get one for these, start from the top and work your way down.  DFX9 has repeats that sound too shrill?  Stick a low pass filter (cap to ground) to bleed off highs.  Now, WHERE do you put this cap?  Work your way backwards from the output section, find where the delayed section is mixed and there you go.  Repeat as necessary.  What's wrong with the EAD-2?  Not enough delay time?  Try clocking the clock chip lower.  Don't know what chip is the clock chip?  Google each chip and find the datasheet for each chip that's in the pedal.  Then try clocking it faster.. or slower... or modulate the clock speed... etc.

These type of FX are all very similar, built from the same general building blocks - once you've figured out what those blocks are, you can apply them to anything.

Greybeard

Somewhat correct on each count, ..... and I have been doing similar things to what you said...... I just like referring to shematics when all else fails... That usually means un-expected results.................  It is also easier for me to compair two different brands at the schematic level........ looking at a schematic posted on the internet for a different brand that uses the same chips, then looking ats the board I have vs. looking at two schematics, I can sort it out better at the schematic level. This probibly stems from being self taught and totally unschooled in electronics.

Thanks,
Greybeard