More distortion from a DS-1 wanted!!!

Started by Prive, April 25, 2005, 03:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prive

How can i increase the amount of distortion in this pedal?
Mine have the ultra and SEM from Keeley but i have the first half of the dist pot rotation almost the same sound, when it's maxed the sound is GOOD!!!!!! but is less distorted than stock, not a lot but...

I don't know if this is the way it might sound, very Satriani but a little more clean, cool if you want but again .....

The IC is the BA728n and the pedal is MIT  :cry:

Saludos, Marcelo.
Fuzz boxes don't need on/off switch!!!!!!!!

ian87

cd

You want MORE gain?  You're sick you know that, with my DS-1 if I turn the DRIVE up all the way I get tons of noise and easy feedback... and you want more of that? :) :)

Replace the DRIVE pot with something larger, 500k ought to do it.

RDV

Drive it with a booster, or better yet, build an Uglyface.

RDV

Prive

No no and 3 times no!  :D

I'm sick but it's other story  :lol:  :lol:

Ugly what???? no, i want my gain back but with this tone RDV, uglyface is other thing.

I changed just d5 for a led, if i use more diodes i lost more clipping.

The pot idea is ok, i'll try to add a resistor in series with the loop cause this pots are difficult to find here in Buenos Aires.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

j0shua

MORE DISTORTION!  On DS-1 :shock:

hmmmm DS-1 you can play from hard rock to trash metal ..... you want more distortion or more agressive distortion ?

Did you try DS-1 + Compressor ?

it's insane Distortion you turn your DS-1 into DEATH METAL....

CAREFULL  THE ds-1 HAVE LOT'S FEEDBACK...

TheBigMan

Change both clipping diodes for 1N34A germaniums.  They clip harder, so you'll get more gain but lose a little bit of volume.

ESPguitar

Build something else.. I also get a lot of feedback when pushing the DS-1..
BOSS MT-2??

I think that is the right project for you..

RB

vanhansen

I never understood why B*SS made the distortion/feedbacker when they already had one in the DS-1.  :D
Erik

Prive

I think i don't ask the right question.

What values i have to change to control the distortion in a DS-1?

I know cascading pedals and all that stuff, i just want to know.

The BA728N doesn't sound the same that 7136 or others with the SEM or Ultra mod, then i don't have the amount of distortion you have with your DS-1.

I reduced R14 and R13 to 560 ohms and now i have it!!!!  but i still have the first 1/3 of pot dead.

Saludos, Marcelo.

TheBigMan

Ahhh, you want more range on the drive pot so that it is responsive over it's full travel?  Try decreasing R11 (100k), firstly to 47k or maybe 20k if that doesn't do the trick.

Prive

That's the kind of answer i've been looking but nothing happen is my answer  :cry:

You mean R11 100k to pot wiper?

I'll give it a try again.

Saludos y thanks, Marcelo.

ESPguitar

Quote from: PriveThat's the kind of answer i've been looking but nothing happen is my answer  :cry:

You mean R11 100k to pot wiper?

I'll give it a try again.

Saludos y thanks, Marcelo.

Sorry :oops:

RB