Sorta OT : Morley RW Rotating Sound Power Wah

Started by bryantabuteau, April 26, 2005, 01:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryantabuteau

Morley RW Rotating Sound Power Wah

Does anyone have one or know what they sound like?  I found an auction on a local site here in new zealand, and I think this is what they are auctioning.
Of course it is broken, but might be a fun thing to tinker with.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Effects-units/auction-26262695.htm

from the description, it doesn't sound quite right, but its the only one on harmony-central that i can find similar.

any ideas on what it does/what it 'really' is/ how it works?  is it like the oil can delay things I've read about?

Dirk_Hendrik

It is. I've got one and the sound is incredibly cool

Google for the Tel Ray usergroup first and read everything on their forum. (It's not that much  :wink: ). If you happen to buy it, DON'T TURN IT ON WITHOUT OIL!. The disc inside will wear if it's dry and destroy the unit forever.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

bryantabuteau

Thank you for that....the tel-ray name opened up lots of googling options :)

Khas Evets

I've got one as well. It produces a strong chorus/vibrato sound. Mine's noisey and ticks. I've heard this is a common problem with these units. I'm just holding it for the vintage value. I rarely use it.

Gladmarr

That newsgroup is great, if you sign up and ask some intelligent questions they'll basically help you fix anything on it.  They even have a formulation for replacement oil.  I have one of those puppies, but it's still on the list of stuff to get around to.  Also, there are full schematics for that on the Morley website.  There you have it.