Tonebender Mkii attack control

Started by colonelmot, April 26, 2005, 09:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonelmot

I've made a tonebender mk 2 with transistors from small bear. It works fine 'cept for when the attack knob is set towards max it becomes splatty and gated. I didn't user a trimer in place of the 8.2k resistor but have tried several values between 220ohm and 20k however it still craps out with maximum attack. The voltages on the 3rd tranny consistently show the the Collector is lower the Base when the the attack is up. When I bring attack down the collector overtakes the base and the pedal stops splatting. What part is out of whack? Is it the resistor on the collector of Q3 or is there something else that needs adjusting? Thanks

colonelmot

No replies!!!!!!!!!

I've tried replacing the 8.2k resistor with a 20k pot but not matter what its set at the effects still craps out at maximum attack..

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

petemoore

help...what shcematic are you using?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

colonelmot

I did my own layout based on the first schematic at http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/ which is the same as the one small bear sent me. Its PNP postive ground.

petemoore

I'd take voltage measurements with DMM to see what the bias looks' like..post them, if the collector is lower V than the base...that's a problem.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.