summer build prep time

Started by guitarmonky55, April 26, 2005, 07:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarmonky55

ok so i get off school in a few weeks and i need to place some orders with smallbear and mouser to stock myself with parts to load up on some pedals over teh summer.  along with my new digital soldering station im gonna haev me some fun :D

anyway i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to some good pedals to build.  so far im planning on:

-yjm 308
-tubescreamer
-phaser of some sort...not decided yet prolly mxr though

im looking to add maybe 2 or 3 raunchy distortions.  i have a decent fuzz already, its a heavily modded easy face, so maybe a really nasty fuzz like the rat would be in order.  but mainly id like to get my hands on something sharp and cutting along the lines of early pantera(CFH), bls, and such.  

also, i want a really ripping octave effect, soemthing like the tychobrahe i guess but if anyone has any suggestions other than that id be glad to check them out.

i cant wait to get building! just gotta get through my AP exams next week(im taking 4 :( ) and im in the clear!

Clipped

ALot of people seem to like the Zakk Wylde Overdrive....

I'm going to give that one a try here pretty quick.

BTW, saw BLS in Kansas City about a month or so ago (4 hr drive...).
Great show! He didn't seem to be too drunk and kicked arse.

Ron
To Each His Tone.

Connoisseur of Distortion

in the vein of raunchy distortions, try the Dr. Boogey. with the gain backed off, it gets a crunchy kind of sound. with the gain turned up, it turns into a smooth, harmonic rich distortion.

Hal

build a green ringer.

its really easy - I did mine in a couple of hours, then a run to home depot and a couple more hours the next day and it was in a box.  Neat effect :-D