Last Chance to get parts from Surplus store near me

Started by MattAnonymous, April 27, 2005, 03:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattAnonymous

Well, the semester is finally ending and that means 2 things. 1-no more school (well except for the class or two i'll take back home) and 2-no more trips to Skycraft Surplus for the next few months.

However, I'm definitely going once more before I go back home so let me know what crazy things you need.  Please be as descriptive as possible.

I always look for the following:
SAD1024's
MN3011's
SAD4096's

They've got quite a few germanium transistors there and I'll be picking some up if they check out well with RG's tester circuit.

The place is great for weird stuff.  Let me know if you guys want me to look for anything and please list the price that you would buy them for so I know if it's worth buying when I'm there.

Thanks,
Matt
It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

ExpAnonColin

Careful with the 4096's, wouldn't want to get some hex inverters by mistake...

I am always looking for largish enclosures, steel or aluminum, without too many holes.

-Colin

David

Quote from: MattAnonymousWell, the semester is finally ending and that means 2 things. 1-no more school (well except for the class or two i'll take back home) and 2-no more trips to Skycraft Surplus for the next few months.

However, I'm definitely going once more before I go back home so let me know what crazy things you need.  Please be as descriptive as possible.

I always look for the following:
SAD1024's
MN3011's
SAD4069's

They've got quite a few germanium transistors there and I'll be picking some up if they check out well with RG's tester circuit.

The place is great for weird stuff.  Let me know if you guys want me to look for anything and please list the price that you would buy them for so I know if it's worth buying when I'm there.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt, did you mean to type SAD4096?  If that place has any SAD-4096 chips, please PM me because I'd like to get my paws on one.  The same for a MK50240 or AY-3-0215 or AY-3-0216.  Wouldn't mind getting hold of a LM3909 either.

MattAnonymous

It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

David

Quote from: MattAnonymousYeah, 4096's sorry for the typo.

That place actually has SAD-4096 analog delay chips????????   :shock:  :shock:

Can you get me one?How much?How about the MK50240?

MattAnonymous

No they haven't had them, but I was just letting you guys know that I look when I go.

pbrommer

If you find some good PNP or NPN germanium transistors, let me know. I don't want to spend too much, maybe about $20 on those transistors. PM me with what you find, or email me at pbrommer1@hotmail.com

Thanks.
Patrick
  • SUPPORTER

David

Quote from: MattAnonymousNo they haven't had them, but I was just letting you guys know that I look when I go.

Note to self:  breathe...  breathe...

Yeah, OK, just checking.  Could you be on the lookout for a MK50240 top-octave generator, please?

MattAnonymous

mrsage

I guess they didn't have any of those old Japanese diodes and transistors last time you went?

trannies
2SC644 S
2SC828 R

diodes
0A90

That's cool...

I subbed in some random parts I had around and it worked okay. If you do see them, though, feel free to grab some...