Why can't I open any ampage.org pages?

Started by Hugo L, April 27, 2005, 03:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo L

I've been trying for months to access ampage.org pages like http://ampage.org and http://hammer.ampage.org and didn't have any success. I've tryed from various PCs from different locations and failed even so.  Is there anybody having same problem as me? Does anyone know why? Mark Hammer?
Please, help me...
Thanks

puretube

just tried/checked: I get the newest entries and everything else immediately... no problems...

maybe your internet provider... ???

Mark Hammer

The site is graciously provided to me by Steve "T-Boy" Morrison, who oversees the Ampage site.  He does the coding to provide the template, and I just go to my admin login and plug in documents and comments.  I wish I knew as much about this stuff as he does, but I don't.

What I *can* say is that difficulties seem to depend on what type of document you want to view.  I often find that PDF files, for example, can not be viewed directly.  Instead, you have to RIGHT-click, save the document to your hard-drive and then open up the Acrobat application to view.  For reasons I don't understand at all, GIF files can be directly viewed just by clicking on the link.  Another thing you can do is place your cursor over the hot-link and copy the link for the document to the browser address window, and hit enter.

Occasionally, the site may be inaccessible if I'm uploading a big/long document (I use a 56k modem), but that doesn't happen very often.

Believe me, I would like to make it easier to use, but I'm not in control.

Dan N

With IE 4.5 (Mac) all I get is the text html. In IE 5.1 everything is fine.

Have you tried a different browser?

Hugo L

I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0 and I've also tried Crazy Browser on a friend's computer. And always get the same thing: "server not found or dns error" (res://c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm).

The Tone God

FreeBSD with Firefox works just fine.

Andrew