Menatone red snapper schematic

Started by seljetnoma, April 28, 2005, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seljetnoma

Hi,

Does anyone have a schematic of the menatone red snapper?
I would like to do some mods and testing with mine, and it would be handy if i had a schematic for reference.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Kind regards,

Frank

cd

Look at a BOSS OD-1 to start:

Then be sure to tell us the differences for later reference.

seljetnoma

Hi,

Well, at first the boss schematic looks somewhat like the way the red snapper is set up.
There are no in and outputbuffers, and the tone control on the rs seems to be intergratedinto the 1st gainstage of the opamp.
Some parts values are way off, like the tone pot=25k
master vol = 250k
gainpot is also 1m.
I think like the boss the 2 gainstages are in the rs also interconnected with a resistor as opposed to the 1mf or 10mf caps you normally see in tube screamer like schematics. ( i see the boss has a cap there )
Th rs also has the assymetric clipping with 3 diodes in the 1st gainstage feedback loop, and the ceramic cap there is 120pf.
Well, a lot of other parts have other values, like i said, the layout is somewhat alike.

Greetings,

Frank

cd

I don't suppose you can take clear pics of the top and bottom of the board?

amz-fx

The Gainster was posted on this site and it was copied from the Snapper so there might be enough similarities for you to work on your pedal.

Got to "Search" and look for Gainster.

regards, Jack

seljetnoma

Jack,

I did a search for gainster , but i only found 1 topic, and it didnt have the gainster schematic.
Does anyone happen to have one?
Thanks.

Frank

cd

Well there you go, the Gainster is an OD-1 with a few changes here and there.  Like I said, use the OD-1 as a base and go from there.  The two opamp stages are connected with a 10k resistor, this is normal (2nd gain stage is non-inverting).