Help on Liquid Drive

Started by fikri, April 29, 2005, 11:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fikri

Hi

I need help to reduce more high frequency on the liquid drive project. I have use the 0,001 uF in the input signal, but i need more treble cut. can you suggest something ?

Thanks.

MartyMart

You can try a bigger cap across the op-amp, increase the 22pf to a 100pf
and see how you like it.
It sorted out my "squealing" and reduce the very "highs" a bit
Or try a larger "roll off cap" like a 4n7    0.0047uf

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

phillip

Increase the value of the 0.003uF input capacitor...

The Liquid Drive doesn't have the pF capacitor across the 1M feedback resistor like in the Distortion + and OD250.  I found that using that capacitor with the Germanium clipping diodes tended to muddy up the signal.  But it does indeed reduce the high frequencies if you added a 22pF or 47pF capacitor in parallel with the 1M feedback resistor, especially if you use Silicon clipping diodes.

I would suggest Germanium diodes, though, since those are really what give the Liquid Drive its best sound.  1N270s were a touch brighter than the 1N34As when I had all the clipping diodes socketed, so I stuck with the 1N270s.

Phillip

Mojah63

Didn't you post the same question last week??   There are more ideas here:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/cnews/mods.html
Paul

So many circuits, So little time

fikri

Thanks for all the reply !  :D

I do really like the germanium. And the Burr Brown chip do help in maximizing the performance. And if i want to expand it a little bit by adding a tone control, what  will you suggest ?

And yes, i have post the same topic ! its my fault !  :oops:

petemoore

I think of a TC as 'narrowing'...
 The passives in a TC will draw some juice
 Study up on TC's and what do you want it to be/do.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.