Repairing an EBOW?

Started by siaoguitar, April 30, 2005, 03:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

siaoguitar

Hi, juz gotten a second hand Ebow recently, turn out that guy cheated me with a faulty ebow, was wondering if it can be fixed?
like opening up or something? i tried using a flat tip screwdriver to ply open the ebow, wah ,it was tough man!

I really need all the help i need man...Anyone???

troubledtom

send it to the maker , he's really cool.
mr. heet       213-687-9946
    good luck,
           - tom :wink:

NaBo

I'll vouch for that... mine was sold to me (new) without the bag it comes with... i just spotted that bag while browsing their site recently and decided to email him and see if i could buy one- he answered later the same day, and offered to send it at no charge.  Great guy

troubledtom

Quote from: NaBoI'll vouch for that... mine was sold to me (new) without the bag it comes with... i just spotted that bag while browsing their site recently and decided to email him and see if i could buy one- he answered later the same day, and offered to send it at no charge.  Great guy

yeh, he's beyond cool.
     peace and good health to mr. heet.
                  - tom

goosonique

smells familiar.... yup send it to the maker ....he shalt giveth liveth. :D
maybe you might get a free bag....!!! and ..and when you open it there will be two.....just kiddin!
Thiese things don't usually break you know .... !!
<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

troubledtom

i have one of the very first ever made :P  :twisted:
   work's great,
          - tom

Transmogrifox

I opened my ebow and tried to fix it when it broke:  not a chance.  There's too much goop in there to make it worth the trouble to fix it.  I think I dropped mine on the floor too many times.

That was a few years ago.  Now I have just recently purchased a new one and I'm loving it.  I missed my ebow.  

Thanks guys for the tip about contacting the maker.  I wish I knew about that a long time ago when my first ebow broke--and I ripped it apart and broke it all to hell before I realize I wasn't going to repair it.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Transmogrifox is right, I normally laugh at "no user serviceable parts inside", but the E-bow is as 'unserviceable' as anything i've ever seen! I think they are prety reliable, if not struck. Maybe the super-fine wire on the driver coil is a weak point, I don't know.