News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Lava Rim 2 Q

Started by tarzanalog, April 30, 2005, 10:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarzanalog

Greetings,

I'd planned on sticking Aron's Lava Rim 2 circuit into a friend's Dunlop reissue Fuzz Face case (with a new volcano paint job, of course) but the existing holes for the two stock FF pots are very large. Too big for the pots (with correct values) that I wanted to use for the LR2. Can I use the stock "Fuzz" and "Volume" FF pots (1K and ~350k) in place of the LR2 "Gain" and "Volume" pots (5k and 50k respectively... I'll have to drill another hole for the bias pot as well.) or will the values be too far off of the LR2 spec. and therefore detrimental to the circuit?!?

Thanks,
T

aremesnik

Use the correct value pots, just use washers or thin poly bushings to make the hole smaller.

What about the Drive pot?

petemoore

Someone was saying [and knowing JB Welds properties, it seems totally workable for this...
 Tape over the holes from one side ...I'd just tape over the tops of the holes, with small pieces of duct tape, pressing around the rim so it sticks, so the holes can be filled from the inside.
 Mix up enough kwik set epoxy to fill the holes.
 Fill the holes and let it dry.
 Remove the tape and drill the size holes you want I'd go from the inside again.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.