Finished another...

Started by kojjum, May 02, 2005, 03:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kojjum

...BSIAB II! This time with a different colorschem on the layout. Same circuit as usual. No need to change that. Killer sound as it is!

NOTE! Sotve electronix is a fake. Jut put there as a joke!

//jens[/img]
Never repair stuff that ain't broken!

smccusker

Thats a really beautiful finish!
Did you use iron on transfers for the decals?
Guitar -> Amp

brad

I'm pretty sure he uses vinyl stickers.  Looks fantastic!!  :shock:

MartyMart

Kojjum, once again an incredible looking box !! :D
I'm very envious of that finish !!!
Great work man,

marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

kojjum

Hi!

Brad is right...transparent vinyl stickers.

//jens
Quote from: smccuskerThats a really beautiful finish!
Did you use iron on transfers for the decals?

kojjum

Thanks Marty!
I'm stuck in a building phase...can't build enough. The finish is verry important for me. I'm spending much more time getting a good looking finish on the box than it takes to put the circuit together.  :oops:

//jens
Quote from: MartyMartKojjum, once again an incredible looking box !! :D
I'm very envious of that finish !!!
Great work man,

marty.
:oops:

MartyMart

Kojjum, can i ask you what "base paint" and Laquer you use ?
I tend to get "bits" in mine and it takes a week for the Laquer to "cure"
This is putting me off using "paint" at the moment ... !!!

I waited four days with one pedal, then picked it up and got a "thumb"
print on it  !!! grrrrrr

BTW jusy got some "sticky Jet" paper, like a thin clear sheet which should
help  !
Its made by "Folex"

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

kojjum

Marty, I use a acrylic laquer, the brand is Multonal I think. A car touch up paint.  I use a drying cupboard to bake the laquer. Works great! All the fumes get sucked out of the house as a bonus. Our swedish climate dosn't provide that much heat yet so the drying cupboard simulates the Californian spring. This have helped me get rid of all thumbs. Many thin coats of laquer instead of few thick also helps.

Hope the "sticky Jet" helps. I'm satisfied the way my transparent stickers work. The result depends a bit on wich colors I use in the layout. Too much red maks the yellow bleed a tiny bit when applying the clear. I can live with that.

//jens

StephenGiles

Looks fantastic - I wish I could be bothered to finish boxes like that!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

LivingDeadPunk

Excellent job man! Does someone knows where I could find vinyl stickers in France?
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

Phorhas

Electron Pusher

ryanscissorhands

That's some damn fine looking stuff. Can you tell me a little bit more about these vinyl stickers? What brand, how to print, laser or inkjet, etc?

If I can get some vinyl stickers to work, that will be the way I do my next project.

onboard

Quote from: kojjumI'm spending much more time getting a good looking finish on the box than it takes to put the circuit together.  :oops:

Funny how that works out, eh? :?  

Well, it looks like you've got it down! I can see my reflection in that clearcoat :wink:
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

kojjum

Well...I use a CANON CLC3200 Color Laser Printer/Copier and are using Canon self adhesive film for that particular machine. Never tried other brands. This works 100% so no need to test other.

//jens
Quote from: ryanscissorhandsThat's some damn fine looking stuff. Can you tell me a little bit more about these vinyl stickers? What brand, how to print, laser or inkjet, etc?

If I can get some vinyl stickers to work, that will be the way I do my next project.

JimRayden

Just dropping in to say killer work!

With that finish, I'd start designing my own circuits and go commercial. :) But that's just the opinion of a poor musician who can't even afford parts needed to box an effect decently. :D

-----------
Jimbo

Paul Marossy