Hi there! Newbie here...

Started by Steven, May 02, 2005, 03:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

I´ve been gathering a lot of stomp boxes building me a killer pedal board and during that process I´ve become interested in learning how to build my own stompboxes. So far I´ve built a tremolo and a phaser kit from www.buildyourownclone.com. I´ve also been searching for a dist pedal that could turn my THD Tweed 2x10 combo into a Plexi Marshall stack, and during that search I found the BrownSound In a Box II witch seems to be the answer to my prayers :shock:  :D  :o  :) . I would like to build me a Tycobrahe Octavia sometime in the future and I´m going to start gathering info here.

smashinator

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

Johan

hello Steven..
wellcome to the forum...this is absolutly the right place if you want to build your own boxes...making a fender sound like a marshall might not be the easiest task to handle for any pedal...but soon you'll be addicted to building and you'll find many new boxes you want to builld, so it wount matter...again..wellcome..

johan
DON'T PANIC

Steven

Quote from: Johan

...making a fender sound like a marshall might not be the easiest task to handle for any pedal...

johan

Weah, I know. The BSIAB II made my 2x10 combo sound more like a PlexiMarshall than any other pedal I ever came across. It really gave me a great hi gain sound and the pedal reacts very good to volume knob changes. I doesnt make a 2x10 combo into a 4x12 box of course... But it have made me realise that you dont have to buy the most expensive boutique pedals to get a good sound - you can acctually build the pedals yourself.

BTW, you dont happen to be the "Johan" that hangs at the GMF-site?

Johan

Quote from: Steven
BTW, you dont happen to be the "Johan" that hangs at the GMF-site?

..not the same Johan..
..en by the way...a few of those boutequers hang out here and help everybode out...so its a great place..
DON'T PANIC

radio

Sounds like me some weeks ago ,meanwhile I m half there

Hope you do better!!

Greetings JMErnzer
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!