The world's simplest tremolo.

Started by ExpAnonColin, May 02, 2005, 05:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidsquad

Yeah....it'd be nice if it worked out so distortion stuttered in & out....but when out...a nice loud clean tone came thru.  I'll let the gurus think it thru or try it...I'm pooped...just worked 12 hours...my whole body is pulsating-clipping after bein in & out of the 100 plus heat all day...RUFF!

Threefish

Stuttering distortion. I can hear it already.
I'm motivated to look up some simple diode-clipping schems now, that look likely models to run this idea on. I'll have to do some homework on how flashing leds do their flashing, maybe get some idea how it'll all work...

100 degree heat. Phew. I'm glad it's winter here. That's the sort of heat we get here in Perth too. I'm at work still (supposed to be working..) so have a beer for me.

So gurus/mentors - help us out here.
"Why can't I do it like that?"

brett

Hi.
Try this:
(+)-(*)-LED-resistor-(-)
where (*) is the spot to connect an LDR to ground.
When a nearby (flashing) LED turns on, the LDR will divert the supply to ground, turning the regular LED off.  When the flasher goes off, the regular one turns on.
Just an idea.
Or check out "astable multivibrator" on the web.  I kid you not!
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

You know those rocker volume pedals that have a shutter that obscures a led that shines on a LDR, to give a 'scratchles' volume control?
Well, if the shutter had a bunch of holes in it, then you could rock up & down & get a clickless trem! plus adjust speed easily by foot.

squidsquad

The Shutter Stutter Tella  Moe....HA!