buzzing microamp???

Started by samuelk, May 02, 2005, 07:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelk

i´ve just finished my first stompbox project with almost 100% success.  when i crank up the microamp at about 3-4 o´clock and sitting very close to the amp with the guitar it sounds great. but when i get up and move away from the amp it starts to buzz very loud. i don´t even know if its the microamp thats causing it. somebody know whats causing this very unpleasent buzz?

aron

Is it boxed up in a metal enclosure?

What kind of guitar/pickups??

Tony Forestiere

Check your guitar cables/jacks/connectors :cry:
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

samuelk

yeah it´s a metal enclosure but i´ve tried without it and it makes the same noise.

samuelk

plzzzz can´t someone figure out whats wrong

JimRayden

Maybe the amp just likes you. :D

I'd say, yes, check the cabels and secure them from moving.

----------
Jimbo

davebungo

This may be silly, but when you get up and move away from your amp, are you, per chance, moving towards something else (like an 11kV transformer or something obvious like that)

Roberto

maybe your metal enclosure is not grounded. Are you using isolated jacks?
[

samuelk

roberto

i´ve tried  it without the enclosure and the buzz remains

Roberto

well, if you try the circuit without enclosure usually you get hum. If you try                             the circuit inside a not grounded metallic enclosure, then you get hum too. But if you try your circuit inside a grounded metallic enclosure then the hum could be eliminated.  I was thinking your enclosure was not properly grounded because you get the same hum with and without it.

English is not my mother language, I hope you understand me :)        

Regards.
[

samuelk

i arranged it properly in the enclosure and now it seems to work just like i want it to =)