Forum acting weird?

Started by jmusser, May 04, 2005, 01:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

Is anybody else getting weirdness when they click on various parts of the forum? Sometimes it will "Temporarily Unavailable", and you back out, click again, and your on the forum. Sometimes it comes up with "X box icons" instead of showing you a picture, or a link, then you back out, try again, and it's available! It's also doing this if you actually get to a link like GGG also. Am I the only one seeing this?
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Greybeard

Yeah same thing here, I hit refresh and it comes up normal again.. Go figure

Greybeard

nelson

the forum bugging out is happening to me aswell periodically.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

puretube

yes, I mentioned that yesterday, when every 2nd hit was a "404"...

Mark Hammer

Wild Zebra

"your stripes are killer bro"

tommy.genes

Same problems here, as well as problems with loggin in. I log in, but return to the public (not-logged-in) page. The only way to fix it was to delete cookies, and then log in again.

ADD: Got the "File Not Found" error when I hit submit on this post too. Forgive me if it posts twice...

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

Doug_H

Yes. The server acts like it is running out of resources.

Doug

AL

gez

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

RDV

Johan

..probably just too many users, too much data at the same time..this forum is geting TOO popular.. :D  or :?  or :shock:  or :evil: ...I just dont know..

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Paul Marossy

I have also experienced all of the above.

The Tone God

BURN HER...I mean same here.

Andrew

Connoisseur of Distortion

we should make it a poll!  :D

everyone loves polls!

The Tone God

Quote from: Connoisseur of Distortionwe should make it a poll!  :D

everyone loves polls!

I second thought...BURN HIM!!! :twisted:

Andrew

Paul Marossy

Whoa... what's all this talk about burning?!

niftydog

I have been mysteriously logged off on numerous occasions in the last few days, plus I keep getting this, and not just when submitting posts;

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/posting.php

The following error was encountered:

We can not connect to the server you have requested.

This means that:

The server might be busy at this time.
The server is not reachable.

Please try later to see if you can go through.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Niftydog, I got the 'unobtainable' pretty consistently yesterday, BUT!!! strangely enough!!! always got thru OK just by immediately retrying.
Don't know if this is related to the trouble the net wa having the last couple of days with the soccer ticket virus.
Was pretty strange feeling, just havign to try TWICE each time.
All seems OK today.

niftydog

yeah, I read in this thread about the refresh idea, tried it this morning but it didn't work for me. I just leave it for five minutes and come back, seems to work.

Oh yeah, I also had missing gifs all over the place yesterday, and the borders in the posting screen where bolded... it's all fixed now it would seem.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)