A good idea...from Harmony Central Effects Forum??

Started by brad, May 05, 2005, 12:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=cad2a9504cb46adf86df77d6d7adf819&threadid=925605

I believe the author is suggesting making a pedalboard supply that contains a seperate rechargable 9v battery for each power outlet.  Perhaps a "dead battery" indicator would be handy to keep track of each cell.

Eitherway, I thought it sounded like a novel idea.

haha, not sure if you meant it that way, but when i read the title of the thread, the double question mark made me laugh.

It's like... "a good idea.... From Harmony Central Effects Forum?!?!?!?! how could that be?!?!"

:D

nelson

Quote from: 80khaha, not sure if you meant it that way, but when i read the title of the thread, the double question mark made me laugh.

It's like... "a good idea.... From Harmony Central Effects Forum?!?!?!?! how could that be?!?!"

:D

Thats what I thought. lol
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

niftydog

I've been a pedal junkie for about 15 years now and I have played in many, many bands (and stage shows) in that time, and I cannot think of a SINGLE instance in which I had a problem that might have been averted using such a design.

There's a fine line between redundancy and over engineering.

Why not build a UPS and a 15kVA generator into the back of a minivan and bring it along to all your gigs, just in case the entire city blacks out just as you hit your screaming solo in the third song of your set?

CONS:
- Rechargable 9V batterys are stupidly expensive
- they're not 9VDC, they are only 8.4VDC when fully charged. (Some of the most expensive ones are 9.6VDC.)
- even on fast charge they might take 1-4 hours to charge, meaning you have to ensure the system is charged before use, otherwise it's an expensive pile of useless bits.
- repeated fast charging kills batterys fast.

geez I'm such a wet blanket today!!!  :?
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Doug_H

Quote from: niftydog

Why not build a UPS and a 15kVA generator into the back of a minivan and bring it along to all your gigs, just in case the entire city blacks out just as you hit your screaming solo in the third song of your set?

I almost have the plans for that completed. It will be up on my website tomorrow.

Doug

wampcat1

Quote from: Doug_H

I almost have the plans for that completed. It will be up on my website tomorrow.

Doug

Let me know when it's finished -- I want to develop a mod for it...

:lol:  :lol: J/K

Take care,
Brian

ibanezts808

Quote from: wampcat1
Quote from: Doug_H

Doug

Let me know when it's finished -- I want to develop a mod for it...

:lol:  :lol: J/K

Take care,
Brian

when you develop a mod for that let me know what you did so I can sell the kits on ebay.
Hi Paul.  Welcome.  We are all Stompboxaholics

I am so cool.

barret77

Hey, you'd better apply Goop to the whole van so no one will reverse engineer it...

Doug_H

Quote from: barret77

Hey, you'd better apply Goop to the whole van so no one will reverse engineer it...

I'm planning on completely potting the interior. Except for the driver's seat of course...

Doug

Greybeard

I have a mod for it , a true bypass switch that kicks in a standard power supply for that "vintage" tone.

Greybeard