Splitter-blend chippo question + nurse quacky inv?

Started by JimRayden, May 06, 2005, 11:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimRayden

Is there any particular reason for not using two TL072's instead of one TL074 (as shown at runoffgroove.com)?

-----------
Jimbo

B Tremblay

You can use a quad if you want, but then you'll need to develop a layout for it.

I specified duals since that's what I always keep on hand.  Also, duals are sometimes easier to work with when creating a layout.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

JimRayden

Thanks. That's what I was guessing.

No trouble making my own layout, so I guess it'll be fine.

----------
Jimbo

JimRayden

Hmm, can I replace the green return with the red-kind? So I wouldn't have the phase switching and have a simpler circuit?

On the other hand is the phase switch just in case I'd have to match the effects? Well, let's hope for the effects to be in phase. :)

------------
Jimbo

B Tremblay

Yes, you COULD leave out the phase inverter and use identical return sections, but it was included so the user could get the most out of the circuit.

Personally, I'd rather invest a little extra time and components during construction than run into a phase cancellation problem in the future.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

JimRayden

I'm not building it as a separate box. I'm gonna hard wire it with two other effects. So I thought if the effects match, no switch is needed.

How can I determine if an effect is inverting the phase or not?

----------
Jimbo

JimRayden

Ok, firstly I'm assuming a transistor-based wah won't invert the phase. Right?

How about nurse quacky? The signal seems to pass through two inverting inputs, so I'm guessing it's uninverted in the end too. Right?

---------
Jimbo