Buying Veroboard

Started by Sebacore, May 09, 2005, 10:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hymenoptera

Quote from: LightSoundGeometry on October 09, 2015, 10:07:49 PM
http://www.ebay.com/usr/zachmdhunter?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Ah okay! Somehow I read that as $0.25 cents each. Now that I read it I see they're $25 each. Actually the unfinished box is only $9.95. That's not much more than a Hammond clone. Sweet!

Looks like he's in Arkansas, not WV. I make it to WV quite a bit is why I was asking. Was hoping maybe they were nearby some of my hangouts.

edit: it's $9.95 + another $9.95 to ship. Probably worth it buy several at once if that even helps the shipping cost any.
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

tacobender

I also get mine from Amazon, can't remember which seller it was but they came in packs of 5, something like 3x8. Good quality good size holes and strips. I just cut them out to the size I need with a metal file and snap them off. I was getting some from Mammoth but they only have one size, small holes, thin strips and overpriced. I wouldn't buy boards from them again!

hymenoptera

Quote from: tacobender on October 10, 2015, 01:39:02 AM
I was getting some from Mammoth but they only have one size, small holes, thin strips and overpriced. I wouldn't buy boards from them again!

Good to know! This is exactly the sort of info I'm looking for ;)
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

snarblinge

mildly related, i really like the look of these, for ease of use, and plan to get some made up next time I get some boards fabbed

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13268
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

LightSoundGeometry

this vero strip is top notch ...oh wow ..eye opener compared to tayda.

my steel 60's box arrived ..its @#$%ing beautiful. this enclosure is a thing of beauty .

hymenoptera

Quote from: LightSoundGeometry on October 13, 2015, 07:23:55 PM

my steel 60's box arrived ..its @#$%ing beautiful. this enclosure is a thing of beauty .

Johnny,
which one did you buy? The epoxy brand name product direct from Vero? Whatever one you bought I want to try that one.

LightSoundGeometry

Quote from: hymenoptera on October 14, 2015, 10:41:36 AM
Quote from: LightSoundGeometry on October 13, 2015, 07:23:55 PM

Johnny,
which one did you buy? The epoxy brand name product direct from Vero? Whatever one you bought I want to try that one.

I got 3 of each kind. All top notch. you cant go wrong either way..directly from vero itself, yes.  comes in 1 day to ..crazy ..it was overnight shipping

in a day when people are going nano size ..I love my large oversized hunk of blue steel ..will look mighty good as shoe gaze

garcho

i etch and fab mostly but for a useful cross between stripboard/Vero and perf, I found this works well:

http://www.busboard.com/prototypingboards

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

hymenoptera

Quote from: LightSoundGeometry on October 14, 2015, 03:19:35 PM
I got 3 of each kind. All top notch. you cant go wrong either way..directly from vero itself, yes.  comes in 1 day to ..crazy ..it was overnight shipping

awesome. got some various others kinds coming, mostly random ebay vendors, but I'll order some of those from Vero too. Dang, overnight huh? I guess that more than makes up for the added cost :)

LightSoundGeometry

update on the vero ..loving it ...quality stuff

Vintage Radio Supply has some old school terminal strip to and some chicken head knobs that seem to be a superior mold in comparison to others like tayday