dual amz mosfet booster

Started by gaussmarkov, May 10, 2005, 03:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaussmarkov

the ggg link to a schematic for a dual amz mosfet booster has stopped
working.  does anyone have a link to the schematic?

thanks! :)

check out Jack Orman's website www.muzique.com. he's the designer of the circuit.  Schematic of the enhanced version with dual outputs is halfway down this page.

ryanscissorhands

Email the guy  at prophecysoundand he will send it to you. It's really basically two of the muzique AM MOSFET< only they share V+ and I believe the voltage reference section. And there's a trimpot instead of the 62K resistor.

I'm working on mine this week. I breadboarded the first stage. It didn't work, but that's because I screwed up my voltage reference section, and had to pull out some parts. This weekend, I'm going to fix it up, test it, and if it works, put it to PCB. Then, repeat for the second stage.

If you finish yours before me, let me know how it goes.

oops, i misunderstood. i though you wanted the enhanced dual output version.  didn't know there was another one!

gaussmarkov

Quote from: ryanscissorhandsEmail the guy  at prophecysoundand he will send it to you. It's really basically two of the muzique AM MOSFET< only they share V+ and I believe the voltage reference section. And there's a trimpot instead of the 62K resistor.

I'm working on mine this week. I breadboarded the first stage. It didn't work, but that's because I screwed up my voltage reference section, and had to pull out some parts. This weekend, I'm going to fix it up, test it, and if it works, put it to PCB. Then, repeat for the second stage.

If you finish yours before me, let me know how it goes.
that's what i remember ... two amz mosfets on the same board.  they weren't in series, were they?  i want to put them in series ... like the two lpb2's in NaBo's layout in the gallery http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/.

i'll email prophecysound and see what i get.  good suggestion.  thanks!

gaussmarkov

Quote from: 80koops, i misunderstood. i though you wanted the enhanced dual output version.  didn't know there was another one!
yeah.  but i still appreciate your help! 8)

gaussmarkov

Quote from: ryanscissorhandsIf you finish yours before me, let me know how it goes.
hey, ok! i finished a perfboard trial of a single amz mosfet booster tonight.  it's a nice clean boost as advertised.  put two in series and be careful!  :twisted:

ryanscissorhands

The board from prophecysound is a really good design. It has a separate in and an out for each section of the effect. That way, you can have two stompswitches, and in my case, I can have a bi-color LED. I'm going with red/blue, so left is red, right is blue, and if they're both on, it's purple.

The other advantage to the setup is that one could use each half as a buffer for a looper box. It's a damn small PCB, and would make hte perfect A send/return, B send/return FX loop stompbox, 2-in-1. I'm still debating whether I should add an additional toggle switch for the loop, so that the right switch is on/bypass for the first boost, and the left is on/off, with a toggle switch for send/return. It would certainly make it a bitchingly useful pedal, but I'm not sure that I can fit all of that in a 1590B. We'll see. If I had 2 PCB's, I would definitely make a double booster pedal and a double buffered looper pedal separately.

Hey, I realized that I have a copy of the schem/layout diagram b/c my computer can only run an old version of Acrobat. PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

gaussmarkov

Quote from: ryanscissorhandsThe board from prophecysound is a really good design. It has a separate in and an out for each section of the effect. That way, you can have two stompswitches, and in my case, I can have a bi-color LED. I'm going with red/blue, so left is red, right is blue, and if they're both on, it's purple.

The other advantage to the setup is that one could use each half as a buffer for a looper box. It's a damn small PCB, and would make hte perfect A send/return, B send/return FX loop stompbox, 2-in-1. I'm still debating whether I should add an additional toggle switch for the loop, so that the right switch is on/bypass for the first boost, and the left is on/off, with a toggle switch for send/return. It would certainly make it a bitchingly useful pedal, but I'm not sure that I can fit all of that in a 1590B. We'll see. If I had 2 PCB's, I would definitely make a double booster pedal and a double buffered looper pedal separately.

Hey, I realized that I have a copy of the schem/layout diagram b/c my computer can only run an old version of Acrobat. PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

good ideas!  i think i'll do the same.  and thanks for the schem!