Joe D's Easydrive BUILD report

Started by z-zero, May 11, 2005, 11:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z-zero

I had some extra time this evening so I sat down as many of us do to enjoy our little hobby. On tonights menu was the Easydrive. I built the orignal circuit first then tweaked things my taste. This little circuit is very versatile and brings me back to the whole reason I started doing this hobby, "FUN".

My MOds:

I made all the coupleing caps .047uf and used a 3mm yellow LED to replace one of the diodes. I also went with a 2n3904 tranny because thats what I had floating around. Junk masters delight. The LED really pumped up this sucker letting it slam my amp nice like.

I just thought I'd share my time spent with this versatile little fuzz. I'd encourage everybody just to sit down and build this thing so you to can be amazed by its simplicity and wonderful tone.

z-zero

squidsquad

I've been eyeing it lately...and you have inspired me.  Now...if I can get a day off in a week or so.......

jmusser

I love the sound sample on that one. It sounds like the guitar set up on "Aqua Lung". I believe it's Martin Barre on most of that stuff for Jethro Tull. "Snot is running down his nose!" Man, they just don't write lyrics like that anymore :lol: I've had it ready to build for months, but I'm trying to talk my 15 year old son into building it.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

z-zero

It took me about 10 minutes to throw it on a bread board. I think I'm going to put the input/output caps back to .1uf and leave the diode coupleing cap at .047uf so I keep the lows but they don't get clipped as much. That will sound better. That 3mm LED is key for me though, the extra gain is nice.

z-zero