mutron octave layout

Started by hank reynolds 3rd, May 12, 2005, 08:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hank reynolds 3rd

I promised this ages ago and here it is....

http://uk.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mr_shark80

its a little hard to read but if you use the schematic it should be ok

http://matthias.grob.org/pEE/ppSchema/MutronOct.jpg

I'm already thinking of giving seperate mix pots for the oct down/guitar...and splicing an oct up (a recent one called cicada looks ok) to chose between ringer/oct up/off....

thanks for all who helped with providing schems and info on the ac psu....

Cheers

Sam

puretube

can`t see it - get yahoo "Error Message"...

hank reynolds 3rd

hi puretube....
is it not working then???

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/mr_shark80

try this instead!!!

thanks again for the help with the psu

ta

sam

puretube

same problem - tried cut`n `paste, too: same Error...

hank reynolds 3rd

i gotta go to work anytime now, but if it isnt working (the link) can anyone post it elsewhere???

sam

Marcos - Munky

If you like me to put it in my site, e-mail me the file.
diygescorp@yahoo.com.br

loki

did you test the layout already?i mean did you already build the pedal? does it work?

Dan N

Hmmm. Still the error message. Hank, your link is to your main directory and some hosts will not allow index jumping. Perhaps if you wrote a scrap of html?

Anyway, I'd love to see what you came up with!

hank reynolds 3rd

loki,
the layout works ok...i built mine on two boards...bd for audio, bd2 for logic and psu........
I've sent the files to munky to host , but i was planning on tracing over the layout (it's hand drawn) to make it a bit easier to read ,unfortunately i'm really short for time at the mo...off to spain for summer,and i need to put some of these pedals in nice boxes to show them off!!!

loki

cool, thanks!
maybe someone who has more time could trace it for you
i would do it... but i'm not exactly an electronic engineer, so i'm afraid i could mistake something :?

Marcos - Munky

Copy and paste the links, and be prepared for two big files (about 1.3mb each):

geocities.com/munkydiy/mubd1.jpg
geocities.com/munkydiy/mubd2.jpg

jmusser

What type of octave pedal is this? 1 and 2 octaves down?
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

loki

it just has 1 octave down.. and one up if the green ringer ciruit is included in this schematic as the original unit... haven't checked yet

jmusser

It seems like an awful lot of circuitry to accomplish an octave up and down. Actually my mind's not on that anymore, since I've seen you're from Rome! All I can think of is all the wonderful ruins and history you have there. Rome and Egypt (Cairo Museum, Pyramids, Valley of the Kings,etc..) are the two places I want to go most in this world before I die.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

hank reynolds 3rd

for what its worth, its a pretty clean oct down, and the tone control is a plus...i´m gonna splice a better oct up in my circuit, and add seperate mix pots for straight, oct down and ringer;oct up.... i think i can do this by taking the trace from the left lead of the mix pot for straight ( wired as pin 1 from the 1 uf, 2 to the 0u1, 3 to gnd) ....the same for he oct down (i hope this makes sense!!)...would this work ok????
i´ll test it in hte next coupla weeks as i´ve just moved to barcelona and i´m gonna try and find an apartment for a month...to be honest ,i got a handful of pedals unboxed, and i´m not sure if theyve survived the flight (my guitar did ok....and i didnt even get charged for extra luggage)

take care for now

Sam