Torchy's BSIAB II = GGG BSIAB II?

Started by robotboy, May 13, 2005, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robotboy

Hi, I'm about to build the BSIAB II, and I ordered parts using the GGG mouser manifest. I noticed that Torchy has a sweet looking veroboard BSIAB II layout on diypedals.com, which looks like it would save me the time of doing my own layout. Before I start the build, I just wanted to check and make sure the versions are in sync since the GGG page states that several revisions have occured.

Torchy

The layout on Arons gallery space was done using the schematic that is currently on GGG, and has been verified by several people here  :wink: Oh, and its a cracker :)

robotboy

Quote from: TorchyThe layout on Arons gallery space was done using the schematic that is currently on GGG, and has been verified by several people here  :wink: Oh, and its a cracker :)

Woot! Thanks for all the great work Torchy! I can't wait to build the BSIAB II, and I'll be building your Phase 90 w/ Univibe mod shortly after.

dosmun

I bought a GGG board and built a Vero using Torchys layout and they are the same.  The Vero layout is bigger and harder to fit in a Smaller case though.

gotdabluz

I've built the BSIABII according to Torchy's layout and can verify that it works beautifully . . .
. . . Good luck with it !!!
--SG

robotboy

Another question. For C3a, which is marked as a 1uF NP cap, can I use a 1uF aluminum electrolytic with the positive side connected to ground? Will it make a big difference in the sound?

b97pla

Could someone post a link to Torchy's layout?

ninoman123

Uhm recently we found that you dont put the positive side to ground you want to put the negative side to ground otherwise it wont work. Save yourself the trouble and use a NP. They arent that hard to find.

b97pla