To buy or not to buy?

Started by jabez, May 16, 2005, 06:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabez

I happen to run accross someone who can give a very good deal on some BC109B's in quanity. I have read here in some topics about people not getting what they suppose to get & the transistors not being up to par or copies of NOS transistors. I was just wondering what i should discuss with this distributor to make sure i am getting what i suppose to get. Suppose to have them in stock. IT's a company in Florida & seems to be reputable but you know how that goes. Well I thought i would pass this by before I jumped in to something. Thanks.

phillip

I haven't heard of anyone copying the BC-series transistors.  IIRC, the BC109 is still in regular production, I believe, so quantities aren't limited...yet ;)

The ones that you have to worry about being restamped modern repros. are the those so-called "magic" Germanium transistors, namely the AC128 and NKT275.

When I need Germaniums, I just buy American-made 2N-series Germanium transistors in NPN and PNP...they seem to be more consistent and not in high demand.

Phillip